Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hp Omni 100 Upgrade??

Options
  • 01-10-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,
    I have a Hp Omni 100 Pc. I currently have 4 gigs of ram, 2 gig graphics card, however. My CPU is 2.0Ghz. I really want to upgrade it but Im not sure if it is even possible as the Computer is so slim.

If there is anybody at all that could help me, I would greatly appriciate it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KamSaw

2.0ghz doesn't mean much on its own, do you know what make/model it is? Type 'dxdiag' in run and it will say there beside 'processor'

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jamezymck

Sorry KamSaw, im a bit of a noob when it comes to things like this.

AMD Athlon(tm) II 170u Processor ~ 2.0Ghz

I want to be able to play Pc games..

Thanks for your attention :) appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KamSaw

no problem at all, yeah that cpu is definitely holding you back. I just looked up the hp omni 100, I didn't realize it was that kind of design. It might be trickier than expected to replace that cpu. Can you do 'dxdiag' again and in the display tab tell me the name of your graphics card? It might be cheaper in the end to build a whole new system if you really want to play games

Advertisement