Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is with littlewoods customer service??

Options
  • 01-10-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

I recently emailed littlewoods asking for clarification about a deal on the website. Im really at a loss now of how to explain my question to them any easier. Here is the transcript of the emails.

Has anyone else had this kinda crap with them?

Hi,

I was looking at ordering the Nikon S3100. On the site it says it can be bought with a 4gb memory card for half price.however the only 4gb memory card I can find is a Samsung and already reduced from €42 to €14. Is this the right memory card? Is it reduced to €7 when you go through the checkout?

Dear xx,

Thanks for your email about Nikon S3100 camera.

I have checked this and yes this should be the correct Memory Card.

If you have any further questions just let me know and I'll be happy to help you.

Hi xxx,

I also queried the price in the previous mail. The card should come at half price with the camera however it is already reduced to less then half price. Will a reduction be taken at the checkout?

Kind regards,

Dear Miss/Mrs/Ms XXX,

Thanks for emailing us about the memory card.

We take security of your account very seriously.

To enable us to resolve your enquiry would you please provide the following information;

· Your full name
    · Your account number
    · Your date of birth
    · The email address you have registered on your account
    · Confirmation that you are the account holder

To help us quickly resolve any future enquiries, please visit the website and log on to 'My Account' where you can check your personal details are up to date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards

Its like the customer service are half assed about reading the email and just firing off a reply without caring if it even answers the question, lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could have actually went to the checkout and seen what price the memory card ended up at, if you weren't happy you didn't need to confirm payment. That would be the simple thing to do, sound like you were getting the memory card for less than half price no matter what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

That doesn't excuse the completely retarded replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

...or you could get it from currys.ie its cheaper and includes a 4gb sdcard and case - postage is about €8.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/NIKON-Coolpix-S3100-Compact-Digital-Camera-Black-with-Nikon-Case-andamp-4GB-Memory/305618/174

Just don't expect any better from their customer service.

goodlad wrote: »
    That doesn't excuse the completely retarded replies.

If you want customer service go to a real shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you want customer service go to a real shop.
    Not quite sure thats a standard we want to hold companies to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think the second reply came about because you started querying prices and it was a second mail from you. Some internal policy kicked in at that stage and they started the usual stuff.

As drunkmonkey said, the easiest thing would have been to place the items in your cart and see what they totalled at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think the customer service is done in India. I sent them an email and got a stupid response also but then got a reply from an Irish person who answered it properly when the Indian guy couldn't sort it out.

Pythia wrote: »
    I think the customer service is done in India. I sent them an email and got a stupid response also but then got a reply from an Irish person who answered it properly when the Indian guy couldn't sort it out.

Could it have been an Indian working in Ireland? How did you know they were in India. Last time I called Vodafone I got through to an african, do you see what i'm getting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Could it have been an Indian working in Ireland? How did you know they were in India. Last time I called Vodafone I got through to an african, do you see what i'm getting at?

I didn't say I know, I said I think. Many call centres and support centres are based in India, including the company I work for, but I do not know of any based in Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Donahg

Littlewoods are just a crap service, Look them up here on boards.ie and you will find lots of threads with people complaining about them, Avoid them at all costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - we're not going to start the call centre arguments here.

dudara

Advertisement