Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Darts Academy

• 01-10-2011 10:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27

A friend of line told me about this place, The Dublin Darts Academy that's opening next week in Shankill village, apparently its a place for darts enthusiasts, amateurs and people starting out an environment for them to go and perfect there dart playing with others. It also provides coaching for all players young and old, with a board set up for kids to learn the craft of darts also... more info as I get it....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

dawson wrote: »
    A friend of line told me about this place, The Dublin Darts Academy that's opening next week in Shankill village, apparently its a place for darts enthusiasts, amateurs and people starting out an environment for them to go and perfect there dart playing with others. It also provides coaching for all players young and old, with a board set up for kids to learn the craft of darts also... more info as I get it....

heard about it too sounds like a great thing to do for the borough especially for young lads who's parents mightn't like them being in pubs. i'm going to be using it alot as a non drinker im not a big fan of pubs so a place were i can play against other good players sounds like a great place to me and will only improve the darts in the borough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Any idea whereabouts in the village it is opening or who is behind it?? Great idea and will spend a few hours week in the place if it opens.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sounds brilliant, I would love to get involved in this as well as I'm another person who doesn't drink while playing. It would force to practice as well and get good quality games against others.

If anyone has more info could they post it up? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SPY180

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Sounds brilliant, I would love to get involved in this as well as I'm another person who doesn't drink while playing. It would force to practice as well and get good quality games against others.

If anyone has more info could they post it up? Cheers

Its is a good idea but you will only get quality games if quality players turn up if your playing lower class players your game wont kick on and that goes for all players i cant see the main players going up there to pay to play so who is going to teach these young people to play if beginners are only playing beginners how will the standard go up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tooler23

the place were it is being held is over the butchers in shankill village, john devlin is running it,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dingdong180

spy u talk aloud of bull always stickin ur nose in everywere thankin baut mark ennis then talkin bout the darts in shankill its a great idea cause there is loads of young lads lookin for somewere , were they are aloud to play cause there not aloud to play in pubs as for myself ill be there alot and would love for u to c the place its lookin great 6 dart boards in it with great throws

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 dawson

Agree ding dong 180, there are plenty of players around the borough that will love somewhere different from a pub setting to get to play other players and gain experience from those games... there will be an open day for Dublin Darts Academy this Friday 7th, from 2 to 6 all boards open for free games come along and check it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Will you have to pay to play in the academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

I'd say it would be like a snooker hall Clive, were you pay a fiver an hour for the board, so 5 of yous could rent the board between you costing a euro each, something on those lines me reckons :-)

I'd say it would be like a snooker hall Clive, were you pay a fiver an hour for the board, so 5 of yous could rent the board between you costing a euro each, something on those lines me reckons :-)

yea thats what john told me or you can pay a membership fee for the year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SLACK.ONE.

WHAT GREAT NEWS THIS IS FOR THE BOROUGH DARTS LEAGUES.PLEASE POST ALL NEWS ON THIS VENUE ON THE SITE SUCH AS MEMBERSHIP FEES,OPENING TIMES,PRICES AND A PHONE NUMBER.WHAT A GREAT IDEA..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 robbie180

was down in the darts academy in shankill village lookin great and there is a few lads in playin so great darts throwin OPEN FOR BUSINESS FOR ANY INFO PHONE JOHN 0852740394:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

someone should post up some pics of the academy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If anyone has the full info like prices, opening times etc could they post them up here?

Cheers

Kingp35 wrote: »
    If anyone has the full info like prices, opening times etc could they post them up here?

Cheers

john will be putting up details on here and facebook soon

the openin times are

mon to fri 2 till 10
    sat and sun 12 till 10

and for prices u can ring john 0852740394

robbie180 wrote: »
    the openin times are

mon to fri 2 till 10
    sat and sun 12 till 10

and for prices u can ring john 0852740394

be a good place to go up to before the league on a monday get a hour or two in then go to your match

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭podge180

this is a great idea hope john can keep it going and its not a short thing

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darting god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thetrebisback

wats up wit this how much does it cost up there simple question

• Advertisement

peter "one dart" manley exhibition
    5 spaces left only 20 euro to play him tomorow night .
    great chance to play one of the darts great characters
    in the silver tassie if u are interested contact
    going to be a great night

joe on 012822958
    or
    john on 0852740394

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Best of luck with this, next time im up home will pop in and have a look.....

Competition on 16th Nov. open to monday night players or similar standard
    15euro entry and limited to 16 all welcome.

Competition on 17th Nov open to Tuesday night and non dart players
    15euro entry and limited to 16.

two thirds of money handed back out in prize money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Was up in the academy last night and must say it's a grand little spot. A little tight but the throws and boards are perfect and hopefully it catches on a bit, i'm even after signing up for one of the Players Championships something i'd never really took to in the past. Hope this place gets more publicity and brings along a few local youngsters to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DartManiac

I believe it was a good day out at the Player's Championship's on Sunday.Was speaking to John Devlin,and he said it was a real learning experience for the Borough lads.It can be a bit nervewracking at these things,but the more you play in them,the more comfortable you get.And congratulations to young Aaron Vaughan,who reached the Quarter finals of the youth's on Sunday.Aaron is a member of the Dublin Dart Academy,and a very promising player for the future.John's already looking forward to the next event in Tramore.All are welcome to go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Agreed Paul yesterday there was a good crowd from the borough down there which was great to see. Very nerve wracking at first but once ya get into it it's a great experience. Definitely will be going to more of these although don't think i can go Tramore :( Can only be good for players from around to make the next step up and finally show people that there not all talk/no action!

Has the Academy closed down?? Driving past earlier and it was closed and all the stickers were gone off the window.

buster180 wrote: »
    Has the Academy closed down?? Driving past earlier and it was closed and all the stickers were gone off the window.

unfortunally it has just before christmas, great shame cause it was a great shop

Double Top wrote: »
    unfortunally it has just before christmas, great shame cause it was a great shop

Pity about that, I never did get a chance to drop in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement