Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Marketing Graduate looking to move to NYC

Options
  • 01-10-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

In about 10 weeks time I will be finishing my MSc in Marketing Practice. Although I know things are picking up here and there seems to be a good number of jobs, I'm really keen to move to NYC. The issue is I want to have at least begun the process of looking for a job but have no clue where to begin? Is there an equivalent of Grad Ireland in the US or where would I even start looking?! Any assistance or info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You should ask Usit for help when you apply for the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydsie

did your msc include some good work experience?

i have worked in marketing for 4 years and have found it to be very competitive in most countries. If you don;t have work experience, it maybe no harm to do an internship before you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sorchs

Hi lydsie,

My MSc is completely practical. We work in a commercial environment within our university working on commercial projects for actual clients.
    To date these have ranged from a cookery school, an airline, a government body, an fmcg amongst others. So we have a good range of actual experience when we go. My issue is I don't even know where to begin looking for a role!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Tieko

Well if you want to work in marketing, you should know how to do research. Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sorchs

@Tieko - This is research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Sorchs wrote: »
    @Tieko - This is research.

Well said, I can't understand why people on forums recommend google. If google was the answer why would forums exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

EI111 wrote: »
    Well said, I can't understand why people on forums recommend google. If google was the answer why would forums exist?

+1

What a pointless post :rolleyes:

Advertisement