Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with a diploma?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm a mature student, currently doing a level6 in fine Art.
    Im thinking of going on next year and doing a part time diploma course, level7 in art history.
    I'm wondering if it will be worth my while and can I do anything with it, on the jobs front that is.
    Or would I be better of just going ahead and doing a full time level 8 degree in it which will take four years.
    I'm trying to find out really if after getting a diploma are there options for getting a degree part time in a single subject?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Id go for the full time level 8 if I were you ! Its a massive commitment I know, (31 yo 2nd year in UL Comp sys student..with a kid) but tbh imo these days arts diplomas are really only good for
    toilet_paper_touch_android_1.gif
    If you can do the level 8, go for it. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

iPwnage wrote: »
    Id go for the full time level 8 if I were you ! Its a massive commitment I know, (31 yo 2nd year in UL Comp sys student..with a kid) but tbh imo these days arts diplomas are really only good for
    toilet_paper_touch_android_1.gif
    If you can do the level 8, go for it. good luck

History ones to, my bro finished his doctorate 8 years in collage and he can't get a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

^^^^^ It's difficult for everyone unemployed right now, unfortunately whether one has the qualifications or the experience the jobs just aren't there.

I hear the art and design industry is pretty much on the floor right now along with architecture.

Best to keep educating yourself and be prepared for when things improve. These bust cycles don't last forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Ell69 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a mature student, currently doing a level6 in fine Art.
    Im thinking of going on next year and doing a part time diploma course, level7 in art history.
    I'm wondering if it will be worth my while and can I do anything with it, on the jobs front that is.
    Or would I be better of just going ahead and doing a full time level 8 degree in it which will take four years.
    I'm trying to find out really if after getting a diploma are there options for getting a degree part time in a single subject?
    I did a dploma in fine art ,couldnt get a job in it.now im doing level 8 in something else.avoid fine art unless you have serious talent and rich parents to pay for you to live while you attemp to get grants or sell work nobody can afford.
    seriously.

Advertisement