Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lying Rep?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Rep came to the door a few months ago and convinced us to switch to Eircom NGB 24mb unlimited with a deal of €30something for the first few months, then 60 after that, but he told us eircom are lowering their prices to 40 euro per month so we would only be paying the 60something for 2 months max before being reduced to 40.

That doesn't seem to be the case, we're still paying close to 70 for 10mb/s AT BEST despite getting a letter telling us we would receive a new modem and speed upgrade. never happened!

Now i look at the account on the Eircom website and i see we're being charged for services we're not even using and didn't know we had.

Talktime chatter - Never told about or wanted
    Residential Line - necessary for broadband

Next Gen. Broadband Ultimate - obvious

Other Services
    Call Divert and 3 Way Calling - No phone and this is being charged
    Caller Display - No phone but it's free anyway
    Caller Display Restricted - No phone but it's free anyway

Can't afford the bills that are coming in now, upto almost 200euro at this stage.

Can someone from eircom shed some light on this please?
    Why do we have these addons and did the rep sign us up and lie about it and the price drop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'm afraid Eircom are notorious for this type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

charlemont wrote: »
    I'm afraid Eircom are notorious for this type of thing.

Started reading through the forum charlemont and i'm starting to see this pattern alright... but in fairness, people come onto this forum to complain, rarely to say well done so i'll reserve judgement until the reps have contacted me.

I hope they will investigate it fully despite the arrears on my bill however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Blikes wrote: »
    Rep came to the door a few months ago and convinced us to switch to Eircom NGB 24mb unlimited with a deal of €30something for the first few months, then 60 after that, but he told us eircom are lowering their prices to 40 euro per month so we would only be paying the 60something for 2 months max before being reduced to 40.

That doesn't seem to be the case, we're still paying close to 70 for 10mb/s AT BEST despite getting a letter telling us we would receive a new modem and speed upgrade. never happened!

Now i look at the account on the Eircom website and i see we're being charged for services we're not even using and didn't know we had.

Talktime chatter - Never told about or wanted
    Residential Line - necessary for broadband

Next Gen. Broadband Ultimate - obvious

Other Services
    Call Divert and 3 Way Calling - No phone and this is being charged
    Caller Display - No phone but it's free anyway
    Caller Display Restricted - No phone but it's free anyway

Can't afford the bills that are coming in now, upto almost 200euro at this stage.

Can someone from eircom shed some light on this please?
    Why do we have these addons and did the rep sign us up and lie about it and the price drop?

Hi Blikes,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I will look into the order for you,

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Started reading through the forum charlemont and i'm starting to see this pattern alright... but in fairness, people come onto this forum to complain, rarely to say well done so i'll reserve judgement until the reps have contacted me.

I hope they will investigate it fully despite the arrears on my bill however!

Hi Blikes,

Thanks for sending on your details. It may take a few days to investigate but I will be back to you during the week.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Started reading through the forum charlemont and i'm starting to see this pattern alright... but in fairness, people come onto this forum to complain, rarely to say well done
    That is true. They say a satisfied customer will tell at most four people where a dis-satisfied one will tell at least ten so I would take some, not loads, of notice to a lot of these threads. Since we left thieving, lying Imagine WiMax and returned to Eircom they have been nothing but helpful and fully transparent in all their dealings. And the service is second to none. Unless the service was installed by topless women!!!

MyKeyG wrote: »
    That is true. They say a satisfied customer will tell at most four people where a dis-satisfied one will tell at least ten so I would take some, not loads, of notice to a lot of these threads. Since we left thieving, lying Imagine WiMax and returned to Eircom they have been nothing but helpful and fully transparent in all their dealings. And the service is second to none. Unless the service was installed by topless women!!!

hahaha, i'm sure they'd sign up a hell of alot more customers if that were the case!
    Well anyone that has asked me what broadband i think they should get (people ask alot) has always been told to go with Eircom, second to none.

This is the only problem we've had with them and as soon as it's sorted, we can get the bill sorted and up to date as i wouldn't want to lose it, i wouldn't know what to do!

Any update on this?

I received an email a few days ago telling me i've been cut off from eircom music hub so i assume you did something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Any update on this?

I received an email a few days ago telling me i've been cut off from eircom music hub so i assume you did something!

Hi Blikes,

Thanks for post and apologies for the delay.

I will look into your query and advise shortly.

Best regards,
    Ant

Advertisement