Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which starter kit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

the second / generic one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

The 1st one has the advantages of it being easier to bottle from, as you just have to attach the bottling wand to the tap on the fermenter and fill the bottles from there, plus you probably won't need the brewbelt that comes with the 2nd one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    The 1st one has the advantages of it being easier to bottle from, as you just have to attach the bottling wand to the tap on the fermenter and fill the bottles from there, plus you probably won't need the brewbelt that comes with the 2nd one.

You sure about that? It's gonna get cold this winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Limericks wrote: »
    You sure about that? It's gonna get cold this winter.

18C is perfect for ale yeasts, youll even get away with something a little cooler, is ur house very cold? I have a brew belt used it on my first brew, which wasnt great and havnt used it since, I wont be using it this winter.

I could be wrong here but I dont like the idea of them, they get quite hot and that heat is very close to the beer, protected only by the plastic of the bucket, blankets and cardboard is enough in my book.

Advertisement