Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making money, fast

Options
  • 02-10-2011 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm considering heading to Oz for around 8 months in order to make as much money as I can. I have a friend out there that drives a tractor and makes around 2000/2500 a week. That's 12/16 hour days 7 days a week. Is kind of work common as it's exactly what I'm looking for? I'm not bothered if I'm in the middle of nowhere as I said it's a money making few months for me. I am a qualified carpenter but I heard the money isn't great unless your in the mines.

Any help appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Is that before or after tax? Its not great money either way. You'd get paid as much for a lot less hours working as a carpenter in Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

s.c wrote: »
    Is that before or after tax? Its not great money either way. You'd get paid as much for a lot less hours working as a carpenter in Melbourne.

It's after tax. What kind of money+hours are we talking here?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lot of money in fishing, though ass work, might be worth trying it here just to get a taste for it. 2 or 3 good weeks could net you 10 grand.
    Western Australia would have a good bit of high paid work, but it's all dangerous and hard like mining, fishing and farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I would have agree. 2000/2500 for a 80-100 hour week over here would almost be seen as slave labour for a carpenter in the right job over here. I'm not saying you can just hop off the plane and get one of these jobs straight away but they do exist. Have a look on www.seek.com.au.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

It's after tax. What kind of money+hours are we talking here?

You'd take home over 2000 for a 60 hour week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

s.c wrote: »

You'd also spend a lot more in a city than on a farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 duff2690

Thinking of moving to OZ myself but im not skilled in the qualified sort of way, but i would know my way around a building site and the like (father was a builder and i worked on site every summer since i was 14) and also a farm.

Advertisement