Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler problem

• 02-10-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi.
    I'm having an issue with my boiler. The other day the heating came on when the timer was off. I could see a slight flicker on the power light on the timer. I suspected the timer was faulty so i replaced with the same model. I just copied the wiring from the old one. 2 red and 2 blue from the timer. I know it has a permanent live to the boiler as it is a combi oil burner. However the timer has worked fine for the last 7 years with no issue, so i don't think its anything to do with the wiring. What could cause this to happen. I noticed the power light is illuminated fully now after i swapped the timer but the timer is in the off position.I had an issue last year similar to this. The heating was on but the timer was off. However i had no light on the timer. It turned out to be a faulty non return valve on the DHW (domestic hot water). It was allowing the DHW back into the CH system. The boiler is a grant combi condenser only 2 yrs old.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You have the live and switched connections mixed up, switch the 2 red wires at the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 minty247

aujopimur wrote: »
    You have the live and switched connections mixed up, switch the 2 red wires at the timer.
    I switched them on the day and still had the issue. Could it be a frost stat issue and this would override the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Yes a faulty frost stat will overide the contols as will a faulty zone valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 briano101

Hi everyone .just have a problem with my BAXi gas boiler.
    The system will fire up but after 1-2 mins the burner will shut down and leave just the pilot light on. Any ideas?

I don't think it is the PCB as this was replaced last year during the heavy snow. Any simple checks I could do before i call in the plumber??

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

check the pump is running

• Advertisement
Advertisement