Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers Markets

Options
  • 02-10-2011 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where there are some decent markets in the Dublin/Kildare/Laois areas?

What do you all think of farmers markets? Are they something that are relevant today with people being in such dire financial straits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How do you mean are they relevant?
    I think they can be a great way of getting produce at reasonable prices without inflating the bottom line of large multinationals.
    Just because they might be fashionable doesn't mean that the prices are always high, by selling direct to the consumer the farmer can often make a good price and the consumer can get a deal because there is no middle man.
    I think they will become stronger as time goes on and people go back to more traditional and sustainable methods of food production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

so can anyone tell me what ones they like in their area

(I admit it is a clever ploy to use you all for research purposes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

toexpress wrote: »

Plenty of old threads on farmers markets if you use the search option.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

toexpress wrote: »

We don't allow threads here with the sole purpose of market research. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement