Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK to discuss EU withdrawal referendum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

i would fully support the UK and Irelands withdrawal from the EU. It would give British and Irish people actual control over their own turf, rathar than being a yes man. At the very least, it would mean an end to the seemingly endless barrage of EU directives telling us what we can and can't do.
    Hopefully it would be the thin edge of the wedge that would result in a wave of withdrawals of other countries.

The EU is a redundant entity anyway. It was only created to be an opposing force to the USSR and since that is no more, the EU is a bit of a pointless project. Bollox to it i say.

Where do you suppose we would have got the money to build up our economy and infrastructure? Do I assume we would have introduced all the protections for the people by ourselves? Do I assume that the big countries in Europe would have just played fair to us because we're lovely people?

It never ceases to amaze me that people are so blindly nationalistic that they would actually harm the country for their desire to be 'sovereign' (whatever that means to them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

but look at all the micro manageing they insist on, all the EU directives and what not telling that we can't do this taht and the other. Like the Peat bogs thing. Its none of their business what we do with our bogs, they're our bogs.

but look at all the micro manageing they insist on, all the EU directives and what not telling that we can't do this taht and the other. Like the Peat bogs thing. Its none of their business what we do with our bogs, they're our bogs.

You are failing to appreciate a very basic point here. The EU is not some organisation off somewhere behind closed doors making decisions that we don't want but are forced to implement. We are the EU, us and all the other members. These decisions are made by us and the other members, they are negotiated in advance.

We do need to protect our bogs no matter what some people say.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It would give British and Irish people actual control over their own turf, rathar than being a yes man. At the very least, it would mean an end to the seemingly endless barrage of EU directives telling us what we can and can't do.
    Case in point. Here we have a perfect example of someone who has bought wholesale into the tabloid vision of the EU being some sort of outside force that makes us implement nasty horrible laws (like product safety, and gender equality, and data privacy, and safe working practices - the evil bastards) rather than being an organisation into which we have as much input as anyone else.

And that's why referendums are a stupid way to decide major issues of national importance.
    The EU is a redundant entity anyway. It was only created to be an opposing force to the USSR and since that is no more, the EU is a bit of a pointless project. Bollox to it i say.
    I don't even know what to say to this. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

At the very least, it would mean an end to the seemingly endless barrage of EU directives telling us what we can and can't do.
    These would be the same directives that the UK and Ireland assist in drafting?
    Yes i do. EC EU, same thing really in practical terms
    That’s not what you said earlier.
    Like the Peat bogs thing. Its none of their business what we do with our bogs, they're our bogs.
    Nobody’s business but ours what we do with our wimmens either, eh?
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    And that's why referendums are a stupid way to decide major issues of national importance. I don't even know what to say to this. :(
    Bollocks?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I can sorta see what some of the British are saying, Their Referendum was to Join the EEC, the switch to the EU was 'snuck' in on them so to speak, same with Lisbon etc, at the least the time is right for a National discussion amongst the British people on their future relationship With Europe.

I'd be curious to see it anyway as I have a suspicion that the Flag waving nationalists will have some really catchy slogans but the 'Europhiles' will provide food for thought whch may well be relevant to the rest of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I can sorta see what some of the British are saying, Their Referendum was to Join the EEC, the switch to the EU was 'snuck' in on them so to speak, same with Lisbon etc, at the least the time is right for a National discussion amongst the British people on their future relationship With Europe.

I'd be curious to see it anyway as I have a suspicion that the Flag waving nationalists will have some really catchy slogans but the 'Europhiles' will provide food for thought whch may well be relevant to the rest of us

That's probably what happened alright, but isn't that more a reflection on the ratification procedures in the UK than the development of the EU itself? There's less impetuous for a government to promote a national debate if that same government can ratify without it. Whatever about their pros and cons at least referenda invoke public discussion and awareness.

The UK have had a problem for a long time in that they are pretty incapable of being honest about their relationship with the EU. Too much nationalistic bull**** and too many politicians looking to take credit or place blame depending on the situation. It would be a terrible idea for the UK to leave but given the level of the debate here on our referenda I wouldn't be surprised.

It'll be Coir all over again... lot of catchy put untrue crap from the nationalists and the government all at sea about what to do. Boring reality doesn't make for catchy slogans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Source: http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/quality-of-living-report-2010

25 European, by my count. One UK.

City rankings

Top 50 cities: Quality of living ranking

Base City: New York, US (=100)

Rank 2010CityCountryQol index 20101 VIENNAAUSTRIA 108.6
    2 ZURICHSWITZERLAND 108
    3 GENEVASWITZERLAND 107.9
    4 VANCOUVERCANADA 107.4
    4 AUCKLANDNEW ZEALAND 107.4
    6 DUSSELDORFGERMANY 107.2
    7 FRANKFURTGERMANY 107
    7 MUNICHGERMANY 107
    9 BERNSWITZERLAND 106.5
    10 SYDNEYAUSTRALIA 106.3
    11 COPENHAGENDENMARK 106.2
    12 WELLINGTONNEW ZEALAND 105.9
    13 AMSTERDAMNETHERLANDS 105.7
    14 OTTAWACANADA 105.5
    15 BRUSSELSBELGIUM 105.4
    16 TORONTOCANADA 105.3
    17 BERLINGERMANY 105
    18 MELBOURNEAUSTRALIA 104.8
    19 LUXEMBOURGLUXEMBOURG 104.6
    20 STOCKHOLMSWEDEN 104.5
    21 PERTHAUSTRALIA 104.2
    21 MONTREALCANADA 104.2
    23 HAMBURGGERMANY 104.1
    24 NURNBURGGERMANY 103.9
    24 OSLONORWAY 103.9
    26 CANBERRAAUSTRALIA 103.6
    26 DUBLINIRELAND 103.6
    28 CALGARYCANADA 103.5
    28 SINGAPORESINGAPORE 103.5
    30 STUTTGARTGERMANY 103.3
    31 HONOLULUUNITED STATES 103.1
    32 ADELAIDEAUSTRALIA 103
    32 SAN FRANCISCOUNITED STATES 103
    34 PARISFRANCE 102.9
    35 HELSINKIFINLAND 102.6
    36 BRISBANEAUSTRALIA 102.4
    37 BOSTONUNITED STATES 102.2
    38 LYONFRANCE 101.9
    39 LONDONUNITED KINGDOM 101.6
    40 TOKYOJAPAN 101.4
    41 MILANITALY 100.8
    41 KOBEJAPAN 100.8
    41 YOKOHAMAJAPAN 100.8
    44 BARCELONASPAIN 100.6
    45 LISBONPORTUGAL 100.3
    45 CHICAGOUNITED STATES 100.3
    45 WASHINGTONUNITED STATES 100.3
    48 MADRIDSPAIN 100.2
    49 NEW YORK CITYUNITED STATES 100
    50 SEATTLEUNITED STATES 99.8

I have lived in a lot of cities in Uk and edinburgh was the best but is not even in the list. London ok but belfast at number 63:eek:
    Belfast is not in the list above but can be seen following the link.
    And also outside of UK, dublin at 26, not sure about that now.

mcwhirter wrote: »
    And also outside of UK, dublin at 26, not sure about that now.
    I imagine it has a lot to do with the rather large salaries earned there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

djpbarry wrote: »
    I imagine it has a lot to do with the rather large salaries earned there.

public sector or on the dole maybe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

meglome wrote: »
    You are failing to appreciate a very basic point here. The EU is not some organisation off somewhere behind closed doors making decisions that we don't want but are forced to implement. We are the EU, us and all the other members. These decisions are made by us and the other members, they are negotiated in advance.

We do need to protect our bogs no matter what some people say.

You are absolutely correct in the sense that it is the people, well, in Ireland at least, you give the power to the Community/Union, and it was the Council who drafted the Treaties ie our ministers. But is it informed consent? Why don't other countries not give their people the same referendums? How many times has our parliament discussed the eu ala the bread and butter day discussions? despite the new protocols on national parliament involvement with eu legislation.

But the problem is, that there was/is (well Lisbon might sort it out or at least improve it) a major democratic deficit, and despite their genuine efforts in dealing with the concerns of smaller countries (ie generous QMV, our concessions from the treaties) there is still an image all over europe from its citizens that the union ignores the concerns of the people. The Courts and Commission are too readily interested in ruling on areas that are arguably not the direct concern of the union (ie internal suitation and free movement of people as an example - if there is a smidgen of eu law involved they are all over it). In this country, we complain of judicial activism. The CJEU is completely up to their necks in it, and it would be worse if they adopted all of the opinions of the Adovate Generals . The vision of the European Courts often greatly differ to that of even the democratically elected council of ministers. I despise the attitudes of our current Irish Judiciary but ironically strongly adovate for judicial restraint on a european level.

The Commission over the years seriously lacks creditibility (how many budgets have they managed to balance?) and its not directly elected (despite what i will point out to below, this is important to people). And contrary to what you say, the Commission is, despite the efforts of Lisbon, an institution that does decide their policy behind closed doors (with very big exception to being limitedly answerable to the European Parliament)

There is also the problem that different countries like Belgium want different things from the union, ie federalism v intergovernmentalism. Even the French, when it suits them, kick up when their nationalistic interests are at risk. The UK is always seen as the villian.

You would be absolutely within your rights, and i would agree with you, if you said that the national parliaments do little in telling people of the importance of the union etc, but look at how pathethically low the turn outs are for the European Parliament elections - (a body that is getting increasingly powerful and truely represents the people)

The Commission do not do enough to educate the Union about their workings and the workings of the union (despite their excellent websites and their continuous publications of guidelines etc)

I would not advocate leaving the Union, until genuine reform is made . I acknowledge that Lisbon is trying this. I am completely against the entry of other member states UNTIL, we get our house in order. It has become a mess. The vision and idea of the Union is not the problem, its how its being implemented. Every state got suckered by the property boom and other matters and the Commission sat on its hands during this time.

You are absolutely correct in the sense that it is the people, well, in Ireland at least, you give the power to the Community/Union, and it was the Council who drafted the Treaties ie our ministers. But is it informed consent? Why don't other countries not give their people the same referendums? How many times has our parliament discussed the eu ala the bread and butter day discussions? despite the new protocols on national parliament involvement with eu legislation.

If you're asking me is there a better option than representative democracy... not that I've seen but that's another debate. Political parties all over Europe put out their manifestos and it's the pro-EU ones that get elected over and over. So I think it's fair to say the majority of the people of the EU won't be remotely surprised by the decisions taken. Personally the more referenda I live though here the more I think they are a terrible idea. Rarely are the real issues discussed properly. The best option we've got is electing people to represent our best interests, perhaps we should be electing better people though.
    But the problem is, that there was/is (well Lisbon might sort it out or at least improve it) a major democratic deficit, and despite their genuine efforts in dealing with the concerns of smaller countries (ie generous QMV, our concessions from the treaties) there is still an image all over europe from its citizens that the union ignores the concerns of the people. The Courts and Commission are too readily interested in ruling on areas that are arguably not the direct concern of the union (ie internal suitation and free movement of people as an example - if there is a smidgen of eu law involved they are all over it). In this country, we complain of judicial activism. The CJEU is completely up to their necks in it, and it would be worse if they adopted all of the opinions of the Adovate Generals . The vision of the European Courts often greatly differ to that of even the democratically elected council of ministers. I despise the attitudes of our current Irish Judiciary but ironically strongly adovate for judicial restraint on a european level.

No one is suggesting the EU is perfect. My main problem with the debate though is it's rarely based on the facts. It seems to me that the problem with the EU is often just perception. The EU is not given credit where it's due, the local politicians grab the credit.
    The Commission over the years seriously lacks creditibility (how many budgets have they managed to balance?) and its not directly elected (despite what i will point out to below, this is important to people). And contrary to what you say, the Commission is, despite the efforts of Lisbon, an institution that does decide their policy behind closed doors (with very big exception to being limitedly answerable to the European Parliament)

We'll disagree here though to be fair it would be nice at some point that they balance the budget :)
    There is also the problem that different countries like Belgium want different things from the union, ie federalism v intergovernmentalism. Even the French, when it suits them, kick up when their nationalistic interests are at risk. The UK is always seen as the villian.

I have no issue with nationalistic or competing interests. It's the EU that keeps the playing fields level. And the UK are rarely honest with their relationship with the EU. There is a constant feeling that 'EU' and the 'UK' and utterly separate when clearly the UK is as much the EU as anyone is. The EU can't make British newspapers and politicians be honest.
    You would be absolutely within your rights, and i would agree with you, if you said that the national parliaments do little in telling people of the importance of the union etc, but look at how pathethically low the turn outs are for the European Parliament elections - (a body that is getting increasingly powerful and truely represents the people)

It's just too easy to take credit when the EU does something good and blame them when there's something the public doesn't like. I've seen numerous stories here where the locals blame the EU but in reality it has nothing to do with the EU whatsoever.
    The Commission do not do enough to educate the Union about their workings and the workings of the union (despite their excellent websites and their continuous publications of guidelines etc)

That's true but again I say it's just not in the locals interest to give the EU too much credit.
    I would not advocate leaving the Union, until genuine reform is made . I acknowledge that Lisbon is trying this. I am completely against the entry of other member states UNTIL, we get our house in order. It has become a mess. The vision and idea of the Union is not the problem, its how its being implemented. Every state got suckered by the property boom and other matters and the Commission sat on its hands during this time.

Again I agree it's not perfect. It would be lunacy for Ireland to leave the EU. Though if you're asking me am I surprised that things can get messy and bureaucratic when 25 countries make deals then no I'm not. The problem is I'm not sure we can ever get a near perfect solution when there will always have to be so much compromise and horse trading. I'm fascinated that there are constant claims the EU has too much power but often the same people claim the EU should have stopped individual countries acting financially imprudently - which they didn't have power to do in the first place. At the end of the day I believe the benefits of the EU far outweigh any downside and they are a force for good - not perfect though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Batsy wrote: »
    Britain thought it was joining a trading organisation. It didn't know that it would bizarrely try and become a superstate, a USE, and get rid of countries' sovereignties and consume them within an undemocratic "superstate." That's not what Britain signed up to.

They should have carried out a bit more research then. It was always the intention of the founding fathers of the European movement for it to lead to much more than simply a trading area.

The UK was a founder member of EFTA back in 1960; that was never going to be any more than a trading block. Why did it choose to joing the EEC when it already had all the benefits of being a member of a purely economic organisation.

I think you're getting mixed up with NATO - The first NATO Secretary General, Lord Ismay, stated the organization's goal was "to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down"

If you're asking me is there a better option than representative democracy... not that I've seen but that's another debate. Political parties all over Europe put out their manifestos and it's the pro-EU ones that get elected over and over. So I think it's fair to say the majority of the people of the EU won't be remotely surprised by the decisions taken. Personally the more referenda I live though here the more I think they are a terrible idea. Rarely are the real issues discussed properly. The best option we've got is electing people to represent our best interests, perhaps we should be electing better people though.

God no. It is very easy to criticise the Union but hardier to give solutions. I am only commenting, and not attacking your view. I am only saying that the representative democracy in the EU needs to improve, that is starting with the Lisbon Treaty (the good parts of the defunct Constitution). Our Political Parties don't give detailed summaries of their stance, bar, to be fair, Fine Gael. Rehashed rethoric is not good enough for us, but that it not the EU's fault. I am going to re-check the election manifesto's of our parties, because I don't call any specific issues forming part of their core elections policies.

The Idea of Referendums, like the Union itself is not the problem, its the political parties and their attitudes to it. Our Constitution, as you know, in Article 6 makes it clear that Governments powers come via the people. Where ahem, soverignity is being shifted, we must authorise our government to ratify / implement it into national law. Nice and Lisbon , the government and all parties' efforts in explaining the nature of the treaties were pathetic. You look at this boards and politics.ie, whether one agreed with comments or not, at least people cared, and many were not stupid.

But yes, the problem lies in the quality of debate. Commission don't do enough on this, and they are constantly preceived to be talking down to people. The Commissioner President comes across as an arrogant twit and dismisses any form of valid criticism.
    No one is suggesting the EU is perfect. My main problem with the debate though is it's rarely based on the facts. It seems to me that the problem with the EU is often just perception. The EU is not given credit where it's due, the local politicians grab the credit.

We'll disagree here though to be fair it would be nice at some point that they balance the budget :)

I have no issue with nationalistic or competing interests. It's the EU that keeps the playing fields level. And the UK are rarely honest with their relationship with the EU. There is a constant feeling that 'EU' and the 'UK' and utterly separate when clearly the UK is as much the EU as anyone is. The EU can't make British newspapers and politicians be honest.

I can not disagree with your comment on preception. If anyone has doubts on the good things that the EU did, should read Dr Patrick's Hillery's book which covers some very interesting areas when he was our Commissioner for an area of extreme contraversy during the 1970's (ie Social Welfare)
    It's just too easy to take credit when the EU does something good and blame them when there's something the public doesn't like. I've seen numerous stories here where the locals blame the EU but in reality it has nothing to do with the EU whatsoever.

And this is why I personally am not willing to give up on the EU. But I want them to rid itself of the arrogance (yes, Ireland has acted very arrogant at times, much to the annoyance of the Union) Going back to our Commissioner President, I have to agree with him when he bolloxed Joe Higgins, publicly when the latter predictably blamed all of Ireland's ills on Europe.

Again I agree it's not perfect. It would be lunacy for Ireland to leave the EU. Though if you're asking me am I surprised that things can get messy and bureaucratic when 25 countries make deals then no I'm not. The problem is I'm not sure we can ever get a near perfect solution when there will always have to be so much compromise and horse trading. I'm fascinated that there are constant claims the EU has too much power but often the same people claim the EU should have stopped individual countries acting financially imprudently - which they didn't have power to do in the first place. At the end of the day I believe the benefits of the EU far outweigh any downside and they are a force for good - not perfect though.

I am only pointing out that the EU needs to be more democratic and stick to what the treaty actually says (ie Courts)

Case in point. Here we have a perfect example of someone who has bought wholesale into the tabloid vision of the EU being some sort of outside force that makes us implement nasty horrible laws (like product safety, and gender equality, and data privacy, and safe working practices - the evil bastards) rather than being an organisation into which we have as much input as anyone else.

And that's why referendums are a stupid way to decide major issues of national importance. I don't even know what to say to this. :(

I, like you won't touch the second issue, with a barge pole. nearly fell off my chair.

Your case in point, i agree with you. But, surely the Commission had better things to deal with when it made its decisions on the bogs. (over 10 years ago, and view in Ireland batted an eyelid - Galway one of the first to get done - but compensated) I know that it was all enviroment issues etc, but it fails to take into account that it will hardly be an appreciable improvement when our states can't, won't or are unable to get its house in order with alernatives. We, the Dutch and Brits are the only ones (i think) effected by this. The bog is a big issue, especially for the eldery, rural areas and even people's livlihoods. ITs not to be sniffed at. It has effect all to do with product safety, and gender equality, and data privacy, and safe working practices. Might be alright for those in the east of Ireland. Ok, its not a piont to die on the ditches over leaving EU, but this decision of the EU was wrong.

(Even if they were compensated. Where where the IFA parading on in Brussels over this? - This is the problem with Europe. It is willing to disregard issues that are more important to smaller nations. If Germany was as effected what would have happened? I hope EU are as pro active with nuclear power etc. Remember, Merkell was all for it prior to the Japan diasters , is making wobblies now)

greendom wrote: »
    They should have carried out a bit more research then. It was always the intention of the founding fathers of the European movement for it to lead to much more than simply a trading area.

The UK was a founder member of EFTA back in 1960; that was never going to be any more than a trading block. Why did it choose to joing the EEC when it already had all the benefits of being a member of a purely economic organisation.

A convient scapegoat to blame everything on someone else bar themselves?

Still, we Irish can't get smarmy, we have the hand in cap compliments of the like of UK taxpayers money for decades

Your case in point, i agree with you. But, surely the Commission had better things to deal with when it made its decisions on the bogs. (over 10 years ago, and view in Ireland batted an eyelid - Galway one of the first to get done - but compensated) I know that it was all enviroment issues etc, but it fails to take into account that it will hardly be an appreciable improvement when our states can't, won't or are unable to get its house in order with alernatives. We, the Dutch and Brits are the only ones (i think) effected by this. The bog is a big issue, especially for the eldery, rural areas and even people's livlihoods. ITs not to be sniffed at.
    I think this issue comes back to perception. We're talking about less than one percent - one percent! - of bogs in Ireland. We're talking about bogs that are valuable habitats from a scientific perspective; we're talking, in effect, about extinction.

It was framed, as always, about the EU wanting to put something unimportant ahead of rural people's livelihoods, but once you dig a little deeper you find that it is an important issue, and that people were always going to be compensated for any financial losses that resulted. Which brought it back to the fact that some people insisted that they had a god-given right to dig turf, and if they permanently destroy an extremely scarce part of the biosphere in the process, well that's just tough luck for the rest of the world.

There will always be people who will claim that the EU is trying to trample on their rights, glossing over the fact that they're wiping out the entire cod population of the north Atlantic, or destroying the last vestiges of a scarce and irreplaceable habitat, or forcing women to resign their jobs when they marry. The EU, by and large, does things because they are the right things to do, and the national governments don't cover themselves in glory by using the EU as a scapegoat for introducing necessary (but sometimes unpopular) reforms.

I think this issue comes back to perception. We're talking about less than one percent - one percent! - of bogs in Ireland. We're talking about bogs that are valuable habitats from a scientific perspective; we're talking, in effect, about extinction.

It was framed, as always, about the EU wanting to put something unimportant ahead of rural people's livelihoods, but once you dig a little deeper you find that it is an important issue, and that people were always going to be compensated for any financial losses that resulted. Which brought it back to the fact that some people insisted that they had a god-given right to dig turf, and if they permanently destroy an extremely scarce part of the biosphere in the process, well that's just tough luck for the rest of the world.

There will always be people who will claim that the EU is trying to trample on their rights, glossing over the fact that they're wiping out the entire cod population of the north Atlantic, or destroying the last vestiges of a scarce and irreplaceable habitat, or forcing women to resign their jobs when they marry. The EU, by and large, does things because they are the right things to do, and the national governments don't cover themselves in glory by using the EU as a scapegoat for introducing necessary (but sometimes unpopular) reforms.

All or most bogs are effected by this, or a least bogs in less well off areas. I can assure you that its more than 1 % of bogs. It has nothing to do with preception but more, sure, it does not effect me, I'm alright. It was also a disproprtionate attitude to take by the Commission then, going by your view.

are valuable habitats from a scientific perspective; we're talking, in effect, about extinction.

Lets ban whatever ploughing and wheat producing that we have with that attitude sure (don't we have scientific habitats etc there too, animals etc I would love to here how the boys in Meath would respond if their lust lands were taken. Your talking about people's livilihoods and for some, their only genuine homemade sources of reliable and cheap form of fuel for their homes. For the 1% you refer to, sure wouldn't we all live without the plants etc than take away one's use of the lands.

There are much more effective ways to secure the lives of animals, roddents and plant life (which no body will have the right to tresspass and view same -not your point of course), than the right to use the land.

was framed, as always, about the EU wanting to put something unimportant ahead of rural people's livelihoods, but once you dig a little deeper you find that it is an important issue, and that people were always going to be compensated for any financial losses that resulted. Which brought it back to the fact that some people insisted that they had a god-given right to dig turf, and if they permanently destroy an extremely scarce part of the biosphere in the process, well that's just tough luck for the rest of the world.

You will note that I made it very clear that people did get compensated. In case you have not noticed, the compo won't last forever you know, and it will be well eaten up by expesnes of installing other forms of heating appartuses and fuel (which is what the compo is for of course) But you clearly believe that compensation is enough to pay off people. For some, it was a way of life , no matter how daft you think it is.(and they will tell you that they don't miss the back breaking days out in the bog - ) It is one thing for our government to set the laws down on how land is to be regulated, its another for another entity to do so. Environment is an area which the EU only got competence recently in. It hardly effects the internal market does it?

Its their land, they can do the hell they like with it, within the limits of Irish Law, like their generations before that. In case you have not noticed, turf is/was a vital and important indigenous industry in this country. Wales had coal, we had turf.

Tough luck for the rest of the world? Would you get a bloody grip! You say its only one per cent. How is 1% or in my opinion, much more than that, going to save the planet anyway. Let the Commission tackle far more important issues concerning fosseil fuel. Have a word with the Nuclear fans. I know turf contributes to fosseil fuel, and fosseil fuel is bad, but it can't be appreciably responsible for a fraction of the problems. You would do well to remember that it was the bogs that kept the electricty running in this country for so long. Please, end the hysterics will you.

The point is, banning was disproportionate.

What are your suggestions so, in how this country should look to other sources . Windmills , yeah? Oil?Gas? Don't they effect the wildlife etc?

In the real world, people are concerned with getting food on their table, warming homes, and not freezing to death. Not every oil tanker can or will come down small winding roads to fill peoples oil tanks. Not everyone can afford alternative fuels. For such a small proportion of the world's problems of the environment, its a rather drastic measure to take.

As for the plants , flora , animals, etc, yes, I would be selfish (I don't own a bog by the way, but know plenty who do) but again, there are ways to deal with that. People are only getting jumpy about it now because its effecting them, places in Galway have had it for years, yet not a pip.

As for the fishing industry, you would be in a better position than i am, considering your location, can Ireland itself be blamed for wipping out the fishing stock, aren't the Spanish and all the other shower, fishing in Irish waters just as much to blame? Ireland don't or at least not suppose to be entitled to fish a fraction of the amount out there.

at, or forcing women to resign their jobs when they marry

Oh lord. I am not anti european you know, so that line to me, sound like wild mad man. (i am bit surprised with you) you can thank the huge contributions of one Dr Paddy Hillery Commissioner for persuading Ireland to following the French etc on that. That is rhethoric as far as I am concerned from 1970-1990's and absolutely irrelevant here. Social change and better equality treatment to women (which was strongly contested against by this state - shamefully) relates to genuine and valid internal market and social issues. It has nothing to do with bogs , fishing analogy is relevant of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Nodin wrote: »

Quote taken from Yesterdays Daily Express.

Imigration Judge James Devit DID allow a Bolivian who had outstayed his visa to remain in Britain, under artical8 of the Human Rights Act - the right to a private and family life - becouse of a cat. The man who had been arrestd for theft, had argued that removing him would have "consequenses" for Mayer and himself. The Judge agreed.

He ruled that the fact that the man and his partner had got themselves a cat "reinforced my conclusion of the strenghth and quality of the family life that (they) enjoy". He even waffled on about the ""Potentially seriouse emotianaly emotionaly consequences pet owners may suffer when some unhappy event terminates they have with a pet.

Chalk that one up to Teresa (May).

I hope that makes things a bit clearer for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mlumley wrote: »

Imigration Judge James Devit DID allow a Bolivian who had outstayed his visa to remain in Britain, under artical8 of the Human Rights Act - the right to a private and family life - becouse of a cat. The man who had been arrestd for theft, had argued that removing him would have "consequenses" for Mayer and himself. The Judge agreed.

He ruled that the fact that the man and his partner had got themselves a cat "reinforced my conclusion of the strenghth and quality of the family life that (they) enjoy". He even waffled on about the ""Potentially seriouse emotianaly emotionaly consequences pet owners may suffer when some unhappy event terminates they have with a pet.

You seem to have a problem with reading whats written. He mentioned a cat in the Judgement. However that was not what the ruling was based on.

"But a spokesman for the Judicial Office at the Royal Courts of Justice, which issues statements on behalf of senior judges, said the pet had "had nothing to do with" the judgement allowing the man to stay."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15160326

....that's really the end of the matter.

Locating the actual court transcript might be a start. Surely it's on the web by now. Me thinks, this lady has not read it.

mlumley wrote: »

You really shouldn't be using the Daily Express to try and prove your point. Get some more reputable sources, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

You really shouldn't be using the Daily Express to try and prove your point. Get some more reputable sources, please.

What a hilarious statement. It is as viable and reputable a source as any other mainstream paper.

Are you trying to hint that unless it has come from the Guardian (who it has emerged have used the same evil tactics as other papers) then it cannot possibly be true?

What a hilarious statement. It is as viable and reputable a source as any other mainstream paper.

Are you trying to hint that unless it has come from the Guardian (who it has emerged have used the same evil tactics as other papers) then it cannot possibly be true?

A more reputable source needs to be used - the Express is worse than the Mail and it is hard to take arguments seriously when it is used as the main source.

Yes I would consider the Guardian to be a much more serious and reputable newspaper than the Express. The Express panders to the fears of the lower middle class - immigration, Europe; itis also obsessed with Princess Diana conspriacies,and Madeline Mcann. It's little more than a joke tbh.

All or most bogs are effected by this, or a least bogs in less well off areas.
    Bogs in SACs and NHAs are affected. No other bogs are involved.
    Lets ban whatever ploughing and wheat producing that we have...
    How much ploughing and wheat production takes place in SACs and NHAs?
    Your talking about people's livilihoods and for some, their only genuine homemade sources of reliable and cheap form of fuel for their homes.
    ...for which they are being compensated.

Look: you're arguing that people should be allowed to destroy some of the last remaining examples of an extremely scarce habitat - not because of economic necessity (the compensation takes care of that) but because of tradition. It's a view you're entitled to, but I think most people can understand why the EU is prioritising scientific importance.
    In case you have not noticed, the compo won't last forever you know...
    Neither will the bogs. Which is the point of preserving them for scientific study.
    For some, it was a way of life...
    As was whaling.
    It is one thing for our government to set the laws down on how land is to be regulated, its another for another entity to do so.
    That's a bog-standard (par'n the pun) euroskeptic argument, and you can swap damn near anything in: "it's one thing for our government to decide whether women should have to resign their jobs when they get married; it's another for another entity to do so." If we need the EU to make us do the right thing - and preserving scarce habitats is the right thing to do - because our government hasn't the cojones to do it, then so be it.
    Environment is an area which the EU only got competence recently in.
    Yes - we gave it that competence.
    Its their land, they can do the hell they like with it, within the limits of Irish Law, like their generations before that.
    Correct. And Irish law, as transposed from European law, says that some bogs in SACs must be preserved.
    In case you have not noticed, turf is/was a vital and important indigenous industry in this country. Wales had coal, we had turf.
    And Japan had whales.
    How is 1% or in my opinion, much more than that, going to save the planet anyway. Let the Commission tackle far more important issues concerning fosseil fuel. Have a word with the Nuclear fans. I know turf contributes to fosseil fuel, and fosseil fuel is bad, but it can't be appreciably responsible for a fraction of the problems. You would do well to remember that it was the bogs that kept the electricty running in this country for so long. Please, end the hysterics will you.
    Hysterics? Who brought "saving the planet" into it?

Preserving jaguars and pandas from extinction won't "save the planet" - is that a good reason to let them die?
    In the real world, people are concerned with getting food on their table, warming homes, and not freezing to death. Not every oil tanker can or will come down small winding roads to fill peoples oil tanks. Not everyone can afford alternative fuels. For such a small proportion of the world's problems of the environment, its a rather drastic measure to take.
    And you accuse me of hysterics?
    As for the fishing industry, you would be in a better position than i am, considering your location, can Ireland itself be blamed for wipping out the fishing stock, aren't the Spanish and all the other shower, fishing in Irish waters just as much to blame? Ireland don't or at least not suppose to be entitled to fish a fraction of the amount out there.
    The point you're missing is it doesn't matter who is destroying fish stocks; the fish stocks have got to be preserved, even if that causes some fishermen some hardship.
    Oh lord. I am not anti european you know, so that line to me, sound like wild mad man. (i am bit surprised with you) you can thank the huge contributions of one Dr Paddy Hillery Commissioner for persuading Ireland to following the French etc on that. That is rhethoric as far as I am concerned from 1970-1990's and absolutely irrelevant here. Social change and better equality treatment to women (which was strongly contested against by this state - shamefully) relates to genuine and valid internal market and social issues. It has nothing to do with bogs , fishing analogy is relevant of course.
    Of course it's irrelevant. When the EU implements a directive that you agree with, that's the EU doing what it's supposed to be doing. When the EU implements a directive that you disagree with, the EU has no business poking its nose into our business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Get some more reputable sources, please.

Like what?

greendom wrote:
    The Express panders to the fears of the lower middle class - immigration, Europe;

Those are actually amongst the main fears of most Britons, not just the lower middle classes.

Almost every British voter is concerned about the high levels of immigration into this country and the country's relationship with Europe (or, to be more precise, the EUSSR). Go to most working class areas of Britain and these are amongst those voters' highest concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

(or, to be more precise, the EUSSR).
    I wish I could :rolleyes: bigger than this.
    Go to most working class areas of Britain and these are amongst those voters' highest concerns.
    So, does this not negate your previous point?

Like what?

Take your pick - not the Express though

Those are actually amongst the main fears of most Britons, not just the lower middle classes.

Almost every British voter is concerned about the high levels of immigration into this country and the country's relationship with Europe (or, to be more precise, the EUSSR). Go to most working class areas of Britain and these are amongst those voters' highest concerns.

Is this just your finger in the air or do you have any evidence to back this up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

srsly78 wrote: »
    No. Ireland and the UK still have a special arrangement from before the EU (anglo irish agreement?). We aren't in the Schengen area at all, which is what governs EU border controls (and some non eu like norway + switz etc).

The Swiss have border patrols, with varying degrees of strictness :pac:!

Is this just your finger in the air or do you have any evidence to back this up ?

Of course. Like the vast majority of people in Britain I am working class myself and live in a working class area.

Immigration and Europe are amongst the top, or are the top, of most voters' concerns.

According to this, the EUSSR and the economy are the top concerns for British voters (both 51%). Not far behind is immigration (35%), which actually beats the environment, the NHS, crime and education.

Immigration tops EU voters' concerns

08 June 2009

Naturally enough, the top issues were the nature of Britain's relationship with the European Union (51%); and the economy, jobs and the standard of living (also 51%). 40% named "the conduct of MPs - their pay and expenses" as an issue that most influenced their decision.

All the other main policy issues scored less than half of immigration:

35% said immigration

14% said the environment
    12% said the NHS
    12% said crime
    7% said education.

The poll was commissioned by Migrationwatch UK at the request of the Cross Party Group on Balanced Migration. The Group's Co-Chairmen, Nicholas Soames MP and Frank Field MP, said:

"For some time we've been trying to make the main political parties wake up to the public's concern about large scale immigration. Yesterday's election results and this poll show the need for real action. The public are deeply opposed to immigration adding another 7 million to our population by 2028. The main parties must stop ducking the issue - and respond to strong and well-justified public opinion."

http://www.frankfield.com/latest-news/press-releases/news.aspx?p=102347

Of course. Like the vast majority of people in Britain I am working class myself and live in a working class area.

Immigration and Europe are amongst the top, or are the top, of most voters' concerns.

According to this, the EUSSR and the economy are the top concerns for British voters (both 51%). Not far behind is immigration (35%), which actually beats the environment, the NHS, crime and education.

08 June 2009

Naturally enough, the top issues were the nature of Britain's relationship with the European Union (51%); and the economy, jobs and the standard of living (also 51%). 40% named "the conduct of MPs - their pay and expenses" as an issue that most influenced their decision.

35% said immigration

14% said the environment
    12% said the NHS
    12% said crime
    7% said education.

The poll was commissioned by Migrationwatch UK at the request of the Cross Party Group on Balanced Migration. The Group's Co-Chairmen, Nicholas Soames MP and Frank Field MP, said:

"For some time we've been trying to make the main political parties wake up to the public's concern about large scale immigration. Yesterday's election results and this poll show the need for real action. The public are deeply opposed to immigration adding another 7 million to our population by 2028. The main parties must stop ducking the issue - and respond to strong and well-justified public opinion."

I assume, for example, you'll be taking back the possibly one million British people that live in Spain. It works both ways, people come to Britain and British people go to other countries.

• Advertisement

Europe and immigration are vital issues, so let's discuss them

Telegraph View: The voters want a debate on Europe's influence, and the Government should let them have it.

euroflag_1895914c.jpg
    Flagging: today's Europe has no leaders, but it has strong political forces at work

telegraph_view_log_1768893j.jpg
    By Telegraph View
    15 May 2011

228 Comments

The nation state, which welds together people who share a common history, culture and language, remains the basis of democracy in every country in Europe. No other way of pulling individuals together to form a single political entity has been able to command their trust, still less their affection.

That fact is proving to be a serious problem for the European Union. Over the past 30 years, the senior officials of the EU have been committed to "ever-closer union" between its members. They have hoped to replace the patchwork quilt of nation states with a super-state responsible not merely for economic regulation, but for harmonising all laws across the whole continent.

It is becoming clear that such a vision is not shared by voters of the EU's member nations – not least because it is proving singularly incapable of adapting itself to political and economic reality. The tendency to rebel against the EU's supra-national rule is clearest in the determination of all but four of the EU's members to take control of their own borders. The Schengen Agreement, which dispensed with the need for border checks for those countries who signed up to it (and Britain never did), is now on the verge of being overthrown, as individual nations decide that they want to regain the right to say who they shall welcome, and who they will not allow to settle in their country. The increasingly serious debt crisis of the peripheral members of the euro, particularly Ireland, Greece and Portugal, is leading both France and Germany to reassess how much "solidarity", in financial terms, they are prepared to show to the nations that have already soaked up billions in loans from them, and now are back needing still more.

This is a critical time for the EU: as the vision that has sustained it for so long starts to subside, there urgently needs to be a debate about what the future of the union should be, and what its fundamental goals are. The poll we publish today indicates that the people of Britain are eager for such a debate: after the economy, the issues that voters who either vote Conservative, or would think about doing so (a category that includes most of the population), care most about are Europe and immigration – two topics that are entwined, since European law determines, to a very significant extent, both who will be admitted into Britain, and to whom we can decide to refuse entry. For example, it is the "right to family life" enshrined in the European Convention on Human Rights – compliance with which is a condition of EU membership – that is preventing us from deporting many criminals we would dearly like to be rid of, such as the robber from Sri Lanka whose case we report today.

These are issues of vast importance, both to voters and to the nation. And yet the Conservatives have deliberately shied away from promoting, or even endorsing, any such debate. Why? The only reason appears to derive from the fear of igniting the old divisions between Europhiles and Eurosceptics within the Tory party, or of upsetting their Liberal Democrat partners. But these topics are too important to be subordinated to the usual party squabbles. Britain urgently needs to debate the future of the EU – as does the EU itself, since that future depends on finding an alternative to "ever-closer union", one which works in the interest of the peoples of Europe, rather than their rulers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8514152/Europe-and-immigration-are-vital-issues-so-lets-discuss-them.html

I assume, for example, you'll be taking back the possibly one million British people that live in Spain. It works both ways, people come to Britain and British people go to other countries.

If those British people who live in Spain want to come and live back in Britain then I have no problem with that. They are BRITISH after all.

Most of them are probably retirees who have spent decades working in Britain, paying British taxes and contributing to the economy, unlike many of the immigrants who come to Britain, who arrive here knowing we are a soft touch and expecting to live off benefits without contributing to the system. If Brits want to come and live here - they are Brits after all - that's fine by me.

Also, immigration into Spain isn't my concern. My concern is immigration into Britain.

What also annoys me is the amount of Irish people on here crying "racism" when talking about the fact that there are too many immigrants in England.

The fact is that it's okay for the Irish to say such things when they live in a country that is nowhere near as multiculrural and racially mixed as England.

There are no large towns and cities in Ireland with certain suburbs almost exclusively inhabited by Muslims, so that when you walk through those areas you are almost the only non-Muslim around and the sights and smells make you feel as though you are walking around Islamabad rather than Bolton, Blackburn or Bradford, and gangs of Muslims youths start shouting "Get out of here, this is a Muslim-only neighbourhood!" at you.

The leaders of Irish cities aren't knocking down churches and even PUBS to build mosques in their place, and Irish towns and cities aren't dominated by the ugly domes and minarets of many mosques like places in England such as Blackburn, which makes them look like Mecca or Medina. Soon the Islamic call to prayer will be taking the place of the lovely and traditional peeling of church bells.

But if Ireland SHOULD ever get this way, like England is now, then those Irish people calling the English "racist" for complaining about the immigrants into their country might suddenly change their tune.

What also annoys me is the amount of Irish people on here crying "racism" when talking about the fact that there are too many immigrants in England.

The fact is that it's okay for the Irish to say such things when they live in a country that is nowhere near as multiculrural and racially mixed as England.

There are no large towns and cities in Ireland with certain suburbs almost exclusively inhabited by Muslims, so that when you walk through those areas you are almost the only non-Muslim around and the sights and smells make you feel as though you are walking around Islamabad rather than Bolton, Blackburn or Bradford, and gangs of Muslims youths start shouting "Get out of here, this is a Muslim-only neighbourhood!" at you.

The leaders of Irish cities aren't knocking down churches and even PUBS to build mosques in their place, and Irish towns and cities aren't dominated by the ugly domes and minarets of many mosques like places in England such as Blackburn, which makes them look like Mecca or Medina. Soon the Islamic call to prayer will be taking the place of the lovely and traditional peeling of church bells.

But if Ireland SHOULD ever get this way, like England is now, then those Irish people calling the English "racist" for complaining about the immigrants into their country might suddenly change their tune.

Dear o dear o dear.....

How does the EU fit into that, by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

08 June 2009

35% said immigration

14% said the environment
    12% said the NHS
    12% said crime
    7% said education.

So hang on a second..... You're saying that:

1. The number one concern of people in Britain is their relationship with the EU.
    2. The second biggest concer is the economy, jobs and standard of living
    3. Immigration

As I've already posted, Europe has the highest number of cities on the top 50 cities rated by living standards. I think the EU is a good example to follow.

Personally, I think, a survey from 2009 is not entirely applicable to now. Concern over crime would have risen with the riots, etc. But if British people really feel this way about the EU, I suggest they vote for a party which promises to withdraw from the EU.

Until Britain does that, what can you complain about? The democratic process?

• Advertisement

Like the vast majority of people in Britain I am working class myself and live in a working class area.
    What does that even mean? And why does it matter?
    I find that incredibly hard to believe. At this moment in time, I’m guessing NHS and welfare reform top most voters’ list of concerns here.
    Ignoring the fact that the poll was carried out by MigrationWatch, the poll was conducted online – online polls are notoriously unreliable.
    Most of them are probably retirees who have spent decades working in Britain, paying British taxes and contributing to the economy, unlike many of the immigrants who come to Britain...
    Wow. Do generalisations much?
    ...who arrive here knowing we are a soft touch and expecting to live off benefits without contributing to the system.
    Isn’t it amazing how every country in Europe is a “soft touch” when it comes to dealing with immigration?
    If Brits want to come and live here - they are Brits after all - that's fine by me.
    As long as they contribute, of course. Right?
    Also, immigration into Spain isn't my concern. My concern is immigration into Britain.
    Generalisations and hypocrisy. You’re on fire today.
    How many is too many?
    You’re right. There are no such places in Ireland. Why do you suppose that is?
    The leaders of Irish cities aren't knocking down churches and even PUBS to build mosques in their place, and Irish towns and cities aren't dominated by the ugly domes and minarets of many mosques like places in England such as Blackburn, which makes them look like Mecca or Medina.
    This is Blackburn. This is Mecca. I don’t know about you, but I can spot a few subtle differences.

djpbarry wrote: »
    This is Blackburn. This is Mecca. I don’t know about you, but I can spot a few subtle differences.

Very sunny in Mecca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

n

08 June 2009

35% said immigration

14% said the environment
    12% said the NHS
    12% said crime
    7% said education.

The poll was commissioned by Migrationwatch UK at the request of the Cross Party Group on Balanced Migration. The Group's Co-Chairmen, Nicholas Soames MP and Frank Field MP, said: ..........
    Nicely balanced, unbiased source for your poll. Conflict of interest much?

Nodin wrote: »
    Very sunny in Mecca?
    Fewer holes too.

Migration Watch Uk eh?? - you might as well say The Daily Express

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

No. The ones who are irritating are those like Ireland who bang on about how "great" the EU is and that we must remain members to get all the "advantages" that being in the EU entails whereas the rest of the world knows that the EU is sinking and will soon be dead. But if the British do the right thing and leave the EU then they'll have the last laugh when the EU finally goes below the waves taking Ireland with it.

The difference between the British and the Irish is that the British stand up to the EU and value their freedom, democracy and sovereignty and tell the EU to get stuffed when they need to, whereas the Irish queue up to lick the boot of every EU commissioner who visits Dublin and to tell him how they always be the EU's good little lapdog.

The EU won't have any profile on the world stage at all in the not too distant future when it has ceased to exist.

What complete tripe!!!

Ireland voted down Lisbon only 3 years ago. In Ireland pre EEC women were forced to quit their jobs when they got married. Many of the more progressive social laws have come from Europe.

Ireland also got access to the common market. If we left wed return to being a potato supplier for England with 70% of our exports going there again. No thanks.

The British people value their freedom. Pity they Dont value anyone elses though?

Funny calling Ireland a lapdog to the EU when Britain has been a vicious and violent militaery lapdog for teh US for years. Responsible for the deaths and displacements of 100,000s in the illegal war in Iraq.

Britain would also lose access to the commom market, and lose ratings on its bonds making it more expensive for them to raise money!!!!

If the UK did that it might force people in Nortehn Ireland to finally accept that integration with the rest of ireland in an Island state would need to be accelerated. They could hardly see a future staying in a backward looking, clod hopping dull and poor state that Britain would be destined to become. The empire is finished mate..get over it.

The EU is not going to sink - troubled waters at the moment for sure but it will survive. However if it were to sink the UK would suffer as much as any other nation, regardless of whether it is a member or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

But the Celts must have felt a lot worse when the loud and ungainly Angles and Saxons came to Britain raping and plundering. In fact these immigrants come peacefully.....probably a lot better behaved than the Anglo/Saxon (English).

Question: Many Irish immigrants into Britain received racist abuse in the past (and some still)? What is your attitude to Irish immigrants? Or do you rant and spew vile about them on British Fora like you are doing about muslims here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Ahahahaahah, Batsy thinks Pakistan is in the EU. :pac:

If those British people who live in Spain want to come and live back in Britain then I have no problem with that. They are BRITISH after all.

Most of them are probably retirees who have spent decades working in Britain, paying British taxes and contributing to the economy, unlike many of the immigrants who come to Britain, who arrive here knowing we are a soft touch and expecting to live off benefits without contributing to the system. If Brits want to come and live here - they are Brits after all - that's fine by me.

From the figures I saw they are not mostly retirees. The point I'm making is there are millions of British people spread around the EU nations. As a member of the EU those British people are entitled to go and live in any EU country they choose. But if Britain is not a member of the EU why should they still be entitled to live there. As it said it works both ways.

And btw just to point out most of the Muslims in Britain came from the Middle East or Asia and not anywhere in the EU. So obviously leaving the EU wouldn't have any relevance to that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement