Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous products.

Options
  • 02-10-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some advice here about a faulty laptop charger, I bought a laptop approx 18 months ago and after around 9 months the charger broke and they sent me a replacement charger.....fast forward to 9 months later and this charger has started to get so hot at the connection point that it would almost scald you when you take it out.

I emailed the company who sent me the charger and they said the charger was still fine to use, clearly they're not aware of the risk of sparks or fire from chargers.

I am stunned that they told me it was safe to use, clearly it's not, I looked at it today and it looks like it's singed, this happened since I emailed them.

I have borrowed a charger for the moment but I cannot believe that this company didn't even recommened that I stop using it, Is there anyone I can report them to for these unsafe practices?

For reference the laptop was Packard bell, when the original charger stopped charging Packard bell directed me to Acer support and they got me to send my charger to some crowd in Dublin, I can't remember the name but I remember hearing of people on this forum always complaining about them.

Advertisement