Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time Animal Care courses?

• 02-10-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have also put this thread in the courses forum but got no replies so I thought Id ask the animal lovers also.

A friend of mine works part time and is from Co. Laois.
    She adores dogs and is looking in to doing an Animal Care course but it must be part-time.

I dont know of any, only full time ones in Dublin, Cork, Carlow and Galway.

Does anybody know of any part-time ones? She also mentioned she'd do one on-line but I dont see how that would work being most is practical work anyway.

Id really appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Bubs99 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have also put this thread in the courses forum but got no replies so I thought Id ask the animal lovers also.

A friend of mine works part time and is from Co. Laois.
    She adores dogs and is looking in to doing an Animal Care course but it must be part-time.

I dont know of any, only full time ones in Dublin, Cork, Carlow and Galway.

Does anybody know of any part-time ones? She also mentioned she'd do one on-line but I dont see how that would work being most is practical work anyway.

Id really appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Does it have to specifically be animal care? Alison from Happier Hounds dog training in Laois runs part-time courses on dog training, and has new course available for training therapy dogs. I don't know if these courses would float your friend's boat but she may want to check these out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

This is Alison's new website - she has expanded her range of courses. :)

http://www.elistaeducation.com/

Couldn't recommend her classes highly enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Strange I wasn't notified about your reply.

Anyway, Thank you for the information. Im not sure if she wants training. She has two dogs already who are well behaved and trained. Her dream is also to work in Animal Rescue and some day start her own shelter so I think what shes mainly looking for is subjects like I did in Killester...

Biology
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Animal Welfare
    Animal Behaviour
    Animal Grooming

(had to do computers and maths too).

Ill send her the info you linked though. Thanks again. :D

Advertisement