Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwaves on campus?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere on campus where people can heat up food? Paying 5-7 euro for a tasteless unfilling lunch is getting a bit tiring at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I started this thread ages ago looking for the same thing

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64486312

Possibly in the arts cafe as far as I remember. Really is ridiculous that there aren't ones more available. Even if they charged like 50cent per use.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shane L

There is one in the shop in the eng building OP and its never busy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Vet building canteen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Cheers, will give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

RMD wrote: »
    Cheers, will give them a try.
    Also one in the main restaurant near the pepsi drinks machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Think about it, microwave meal takes six minutes to use, that's only ten people an hour. Plus the cost of cleaning. Not very practical. Just eat a salad or sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It takes 1-2 minutes to heat up a container of pasta, chicken + sauce. It's a lot more filling than a sandwich or salad and more tasty too. I'd feel empty after an hour if I ate a sandwich or salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The issue of who would clean them and general health issues probably is why there are not more microwaves around. I know hospitals cut down on them for health reasons (microwaves not being cleaned by users, spreading germs etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Health Sciences in the B block on the 2nd and 3rd floors ... not sure if these are exclusively for staff use though.

There used to be one in the main restaurant too near where you put the trays back.

Advertisement