Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it too late for reseeding grass?

• 02-10-2011 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

Is it too late for reseeding grass on tilled ground or anyone chancing it still?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

there was lads at it last week
    too late in my book
    have you fert out on it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

flatout11 wrote: »
    there was lads at it last week
    too late in my book
    have you fert out on it???

not mine, a lad I know that got caught out by the wet weather ... No fert out, fert and ground lime waiting to go, sprayed off and powerharrowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

plenty of time around here anywhere, except with white clover you may have problems. latest I went was the 17th of October last year Direct drilling a hybrid ryegrass, Everything as it should be one year later. I also have land taken on this year that was drilled with seed around now and there is plenty of clover in it. It will look poor all winter but its better than waiting to get grassseed in the ground till next may. Why not stick in a crop of wheat if still unsure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Walking the land yesterday, I was struck by the spring type growth, on the flowers and bushes. One complete ditch of briars in full bloom. Plenty new flowers in the furze as well. I remarked to myself, that in these conditions, I wouldn't mind getting a bit of grass seed in, only for the ground is so wet. Been raining non stop for a month where I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

May and September normally months recommended for grass seed sowing

Danger from now on is lower ground temperatures and reduction in temperatures and daylight lenght

Risk of fost increases which can seriously damage new sward

Recent rainfall will also mean that ground conditions are less suitable for machinary to be used - tilling, spreading, and harrowing

You could take a gamble but tbh wouldn't recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

Thinks it really too late but you will need to establish green cover for cross compliance - risk of seeds not doing well vs risk of getting inspection and SFP penalty. I would put it in if the weather lets you.

Advertisement