Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am losing my mind.. once again.

Options
  • 02-10-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Is anyone else experiencing DSL drops every 5 minutes. I can log onto the router fine and restart it, but the connection just drops again. It's not my wireless as I can still connect to the router and do stuff with it. Usually I find the DSL drops all the time but it's gotten really really bad now and it's getting to the point where I can't use the service at all.

I'm tempted to just get a new router as the one they hand out seems to be shockingly bad. Thanks god they patched the firmware to stop it from being completely useless.

I don't want to call customer support for the 5th time and have them tell me "Oh well the network cables put in the house were before the new eircom chief's bought the company so we don't support extensions anymore."

I live in the Dundrum area, has anyone else been having these problems?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A spot of rain perhaps ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Is anyone else experiencing DSL drops every 5 minutes. I can log onto the router fine and restart it, but the connection just drops again. It's not my wireless as I can still connect to the router and do stuff with it. Usually I find the DSL drops all the time but it's gotten really really bad now and it's getting to the point where I can't use the service at all.

I'm tempted to just get a new router as the one they hand out seems to be shockingly bad. Thanks god they patched the firmware to stop it from being completely useless.

I don't want to call customer support for the 5th time and have them tell me "Oh well the network cables put in the house were before the new eircom chief's bought the company so we don't support extensions anymore."

I live in the Dundrum area, has anyone else been having these problems?

Hi thomashood10
    can you Pm me your tel number and I can have this investigated for you.
    To save time could you advise me how you connect normally, ie. wireless or ethernet, into main phone socket or extended socket, are there any other devices connected in to main socket and do you have any splitters or filters??
    Will get back to you as soon as I have received this info and hope I can help with this.
    Tony

Advertisement