Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microsoft office

Options
  • 02-10-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭

went to UL 8 years ago, my cousin is going there now, in 1st year. can you still get microsoft office free off the college ?

she is annoying me to install it for her , but i would rather she puts a legit copy from the college, plus its less hassle for me :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

dont be a jerk do her a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it involves using daemon tools and a few other programs , program will also have to be re activated every 6 months. would it not be better if the university have a licence for it for the students, that she get it from them ?

all i need to know is this available to students or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

AFAIK, no. You have to purchase it yourself. You might get a discount with the student card in some places, though. (O2C!)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

I don't know if it is available to all students, but I do know it was made available to those in the ECE department who got laptops through the department.

Its also available if you know the right directories to look in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I doubt it as most colleges would have Volume Licensing which would only entitle staff to a copy for home use on 1 machine
    check her college pages for the IT section to see what software they do
    the legit way to get it for students is to buy the student version form somewhere like www.software4students.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Alternatively, install OpenOffice and tell her she is now anti-establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

actually LibreOffice is better as most of the people that did open office have moved to this now

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Yeah... well... I'm retro! :cool:

*downloads LibreOffice*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

use open office myself, but i think she need to use access. complained that she could not do her course work last week. i did mention there were a few computer labs scattered around the place...

no laptops for all in my day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

2smiggy wrote: »
    no laptops for all in my day !!

Still no laptops for all, unless your drinking buddy is Bill Gates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Skerries wrote: »
    buy the student version form somewhere like www.software4students.ie
    Yeah, this is the cheapest you'll get anywhere for Office. €65 for the full Pro Plus version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

I did a project management module in ul and the book we had to get, I got from the 3 day loans from the library. It required you had microsoft planner or something so it had the windows install cd with a product key. Ask at the library they might be able to help.

Other than that, try to get to know a postgrad or a staff member or someone on ITD and they might be able to get the install for microsoft office for you. It only works on capmus though giving you a certain amount of days to get back on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

oracle have killed openoffice, go libreoffice :cool:

Advertisement