Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Ireland be divided between East and West??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

hondasam wrote: »
    shut up now, I am envious of hearing the waves and the beach. Lucky fecker.

Not so nice in the depts of winter though, we are on our second sitting room window!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

greenpilot wrote: »
    Not so nice in the depts of winter though, we are on our second sitting room window!!:)

I hear ya, lovely in the summer but it can be depressing in the winter all right.
    I still would not swap for city living again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Well, when I look out my window, I see Clew Bay at the end of my garden with The Reek to my left and Westport to my right. I wouldnt swap it for anywhere, and If you think for one minute that us Farmers dont make money, you are sadly mistaken. After all, Technically, you are paying for us in one form or the other:D Enjoy the lovely sound of trafic filtering through your window on this fine Autumnal Day.!!

hey! i don't hear traffic, i'm from malahide. the sea just outside my estate, quiet as anything outside 24/7 and even though you say i pay you in a form, i bet i still have more money than you. coz i can afford a house in dublin. :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I moved from Dublin to London, 'cause Dublin just ain't big enough. Countryside is great for the holliers and for weekends (I part own a nice cottage in Devon), but I'll take the city as my main home without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Interesting how nobody has mentioned RISE, so much for their marketing.

• Advertisement

Interesting how nobody has mentioned RISE, so much for their marketing.

Interesting how no one has mentioned the upside of living in the country, so much for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

If something happens outside dublin where we need to go to a church someone will text us.

I have been living in dublin 4 years, not in a rush to go back to the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

After all, Technically, you are paying for us in one form or the other:D
    So you want to split the country?
    So you don't want the considerable amount of money raised through Dublin taxes anymore?
    Cool. More for us to spend on things we need here!

Fbjm wrote: »
    Interesting how no one has mentioned the upside of living in the country, so much for this thread.

we don't need to sell it, it's beauty sells itself. I would not live in the city again.
    I like the idea of no neighbours, no hassle just peace and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

first lets split Dublin into half by Liffe, that's more practical

• Advertisement

we don't need to sell it, it's beauty sells itself. I would not live in the city again.
    I like the idea of no neighbours, no hassle just peace and quiet.

parts of dublin are peaceful too, case in point where i live, malahide. sea right outside my house, as i've already said there is like no noise, and - here's the kicker - i'm less than five hours away from town :D (like half an hour)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Dun Laoghaire seems like the best place to live in Dublin for people in their 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

We have tried it before;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Connaught

We have been just waiting for 211 years to figure out what went wrong and then try again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

They should just put a big bubble dome around Dublin, (leaving the coast line exposed of course for travel abroad) but not before first air lifting Croke Park and Coppers outta the city to the back of beyonds. Everyone's a winner.

PS. What the feck is a Tarmonbarry?

parts of dublin are peaceful too, case in point where i live, malahide. sea right outside my house, as i've already said there is like no noise, and - here's the kicker - i'm less than five hours away from town :D (like half an hour)

Here is another amazing fact, Galway is less than two hours from Dublin.
    You are learning a lot today. What is crime like in Malahide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

well i look out my window and see shops, cafes, and progress in general. tbh its a bit too americanised here for my liking but by a lot, i mean more than a hundred. and farms don't make a lot of money, in case you hadn't noticed :)
    I'd love to see you sit down and tuck into a bunch of euro notes with some gravy. :)

Who are more important in the greater scheme of things, the people who work in IT or the people who make food?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Yes please, Drogheda down to Bray, as far inland as Naas. The old pale basically. Bit like Luxembourg. Hopefully theyd still let us still play in the bogball and hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Or just get you to shout the ads for them.

I only noticed the caps when i finished the sentence and was too lazy to re write it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Yeah I do have to think which is east and west its confusing,

I propose it should be right and left and top and bottom so Dublin is the right of Ireland cork is the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

what a fail of a thread :confused:

why would you actualy even want to bother asking this question ?
    get on with your life in the west just as everyone else does without complaining in the north south and east..
    sheesh.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

If all the westies moved home there'd be about a dozen workers left in Dublin and 10 of them would be Polish or Filipino. Now with that much of the workforce gone the tax intake would collapse and there'd be no money to pay for the dubs dole and methadone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Yes, because our country isn't small enough as it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

If it was divided they have to do without the shannons water supply.

I'd love to see you sit down and tuck into a bunch of euro notes with some gravy. :)

Who are more important in the greater scheme of things, the people who work in IT or the people who make food?

who's richer?

Here is another amazing fact, Galway is less than two hours from Dublin.
    You are learning a lot today. What is crime like in Malahide?

my five hours crack was hyperbole, i'm perfectly aware how far away galway is, having driven there myself two years ago. (i'm having to repeat myself a lot today.) regarding crime, i don't personally know anyone who's been affected. though i did see a thread a few months ago about a guy in mayo/galway who got his bmw stolen, so you're not really winning here :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

who's richer?

Quite obviously the latter,your first obligation as a human is to feed yourself you cant eat money.

Quite obviously the latter,your first obligation as a human is to feed yourself you cant eat money.

no, but i can use that money to purchase larger quantities of edible substances ;)

no, but i can use that money to purchase larger quantities of edible substances ;)

That will perish over time what then ;)

That will perish over time what then ;)

why will it perish? i have a good job, at least 45 years of work left in me and a huge pension to look forward to :confused:

• Advertisement

why will it perish? i have a good job, at least 45 years of work left in me and a huge pension to look forward to :confused:

The future is uncertain my friend,due to rising population and some rather odd weather the past couple of years food prices are only going one way and that is up.It never hurt to have precautions.In 10 years time your job could be obsolete(you never know)while the farmer will be around forever

Advertisement