Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flapjack failure

Options
  • 02-10-2011 4:35pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

can anyone help me out here, just made my first batch of flapjacks and whilst they taste yummy they aren't holding together.

I used 6oz butter melted with about 2 tbsp golden syrup and 2tbsp brown sugar. I then added about 250g dried ingredients such as oat flakes, mixed nuts and seeds and some chopped apricots and raisins. baked them for about 20mins and chilled them in fridge. can cut them out ok but when i lift them out they fall apart:o

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I use the Odlums recipe all the time and it works really well LINK

It's very important that you press the mixture down very well before baking - the bottom of a glass is perfect for it.

Advertisement