Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EAST COAST SANSHOU OPEN - 19th and 20th of November

• 02-10-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭

Originally schedule for the 15th of October we have pushed this event to the 19th and 20th of November 2011.

Location:- Leisurepoint Sports and Fitness centre, Cardiffsbridge rd, Finglas, D11.

We have had allot of interest in this event from many clubs and many different styles and we thought it best to not only give everyone the extra time to prepare their fighters but also to give a dedicated day to both the Junior and the Senior competitors.

The Junior divisions will take place on Saturday the 19th. Beginning the first fights at 10.00 am on multiple mats we expect to have a great attendance and give many of our young competitors their first tastes of Sanshou competition.

Weigh in: We will offer the option to weigh in for our senior event on Saturday from 10.30am until 4pm to give our seniors the chance to recover adequately for their fights. Alternatively we will weigh in senior fighters on the day of the event.

Seniors Qingda and Sanshou will take place on Sunday the 20th. Again we will begin our first fights at 10am on multiple mats.

Sanshou fights (full contact) will be run with 2 x 2 min rounds with a 3rd round if a draw is called.

Qingda matches (no knock out) will be run with 1 x 2 min rounds with a 2nd round if a draw is called.

We encourage all fighters of any style or format to enter, whether you have a background in Kung Fu, Thai Boxing, Kick Boxing, Karate, MMA, Sambo, Judo, Western Boxing or any practical fighting art you will find a niche in the sport of Sanshou. The rules were developed to allow any kind of fighter to adapt and win in their choosen style, therefore making it an ideal sport for all!

The Sanshou division is full contact and with the option of a lighter contact Qingda division this event caters for experienced fighters and beginners alike.

So get your team registered and try it out, we will be running 3 more events over the course of 2012 offering points to all our competitors which may earn you a spot in the ICBA Sanshou National Championships to be held in November 2012. Along with Sanshou fight nights being run in conjunction with our opens now is the time to start building up your experience and fight record.

We hope to hear from all fighters and coaches who want to truly test themselves.

Please contact me on 01 2762028 or pm @ ymaa.ie for more information including a synopsis of the rules, registration details etc

Paul Moran
    Irish Chinese Boxing Association

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

when does registration close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭paul moran

Registration closes on the Monday the 14th of November, so that gives everyone a 6 week training period if they get their preparations started this week.

Email me pm @ ymaa.ie for registration forms.

Thanks

Sanshou East Coast Open 2009

http://sanshouinireland.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/9508346-icba-sanshou-nationals-2009

Sanshou West Coast Open 2009 (one fight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJv4r6E5R4o

Sanshou National Championships 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_IZU4HiXjE&feature=related

Here's a couple of the Juniors at our last open in May 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAg5sgGS9hE

Hello all,

Just to let you know that I will be in touch in the next couple of days to respond to any messages or emails enquiring about this event.

I am just completeing a synopsis of the rules (the international rule sets are a bit too long winded and more often lead to more questions).

There has been a great interest so far and if any other clubs, coaches or fighters out there want me to forward the competition details drop me a mail to pm @ ymaa.ie.

Thanks

I've sent emails detailing the rules and general information and registration forms over the past couple of days!

If anybody else think that they and their club are up for 'The Sanshou Challenge' we'd love to meet you all at this event.

Take care.

FYI.
    Junior Divisions 19th of November
    Senior Divisions 20th of November.

• Advertisement

WE ARE SWITCHING THE SENIOR COMPETITION FROM THE SUNDAY TO RUN ON THE SATURDAY (19TH OF NOVEMBER). THE JUNIOR COMPETITION WILL NOW RUN ON THE SUNDAY (20TH)

Having received feedback from all over the country the general consensus is that the seniors would find it easier to make the Saturday and kids would have less clashes with other activities if we moved their event to the Sunday.

Weigh in: For safety reasons we will offer Seniors the chance to weigh in by video recording on Friday the 18th. Coaches must bring along the recording and the scales used to take the measurement to the event. An ICBA official will confirm the fighters weight giving them an allowance of 3.5kgs using an ICBA scales, if they weigh more than this in comparison to what they measured on the 18th they must move the the next weight category if applicable.

Seniors Qingda and Sanshou will take place on Saturday the 19th. We will begin our first fights at 10am on multiple mats. So competitors should be at the venue by 9am to complete their registrations and weigh ins.

Sanshou fights (full contact) will be run with 2 x 2 min rounds with a 3rd round if a draw is called.

Qingda matches (no knock out) will be run with 1 x 2 min rounds with a 2nd round if a draw is called.
    GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN BY THE 14TH OF NOVEMBER. ANY COACHES WHO HAVE FIGHTER LIST AND WEIGHTS AT THIS TIME PLEASE FORWARD THEM TO ME AT YOU EARLIEST CONVENIENCE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Paul,

any news on the rules? I emailed a week or so ago but no response yet.

Thanks.

Just over a week to go to our Sanshou open for Adults and Children.

19th of November - Seniors 18 + (16+ with parents permission).
    (Full contact Sanshou and Light contact Qingda divisions0

20th of November - Juniors 8 - 13
    Teens - 13 to 18th birthday

I hope all fighters and fighting clubs will give this event a go! It'll be a great introduction to a sport which will grow rapidly over the next year, here's you chance to get some experience in preparation for our 3 or 4 opens and our National Championships next year.

For those who have not received the rules by email here are the rules sets for the full contact Sanshou.
    SANSHOU FIGHTING rules.pdf

The Qingda scoring is the very same except there is only one round (with a 2nd round decider if a draw is called). As this division is light contact any deliberate attempts to knock out or injure (drawing blood) will result in dq. Qingda fighters wear the same safety equipment but wear long black trousers instead of shorts.

Here are the registrations forms
    Junior Open ENTRY FORM.pdf

Senior Open ENTRY FORM.pdf

If you plan on entering you have probably run out of time to get the forms to us by the deadline of the 14th of November, so please email me at pm @ ymaa.ie with your fighter list (Name, address, age/dob, weight and what division they will compete in!)

I hope to meet you all next week, take care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

paul moran wrote: »
    Just over a week to go to our Sanshou open for Adults and Children.

19th of November - Seniors 18 + (16+ with parents permission).
    (Full contact Sanshou and Light contact Qingda divisions0

20th of November - Juniors 8 - 13
    Teens - 13 to 18th birthday

I hope all fighters and fighting clubs will give this event a go! It'll be a great introduction to a sport which will grow rapidly over the next year, here's you chance to get some experience in preparation for our 3 or 4 opens and our National Championships next year.

For those who have not received the rules by email here are the rules sets for the full contact Sanshou.
    SANSHOU FIGHTING rules.pdf

The Qingda scoring is the very same except there is only one round (with a 2nd round decider if a draw is called). As this division is light contact any deliberate attempts to knock out or injure (drawing blood) will result in dq. Qingda fighters wear the same safety equipment but wear long black trousers instead of shorts.

Here are the registrations forms
    Junior Open ENTRY FORM.pdf

Senior Open ENTRY FORM.pdf

If you plan on entering you have probably run out of time to get the forms to us by the deadline of the 14th of November, so please email me at pm @ ymaa.ie with your fighter list (Name, address, age/dob, weight and what division they will compete in!)

I hope to meet you all next week, take care.

Thanks for getting back to us :)

With regards to the fighter list being emailed instead of posted, would the registration fee then be paid on the day?

Hey Colibri,

Yes once we have the registration details in you can sort out the fees on the day of the event.

Cheers,

Paul

• Advertisement

East Coast Sanshou Open

Tomorrow! 1st fights start at 10am.

There was allot of interest and allot of enquiries but when it came to the crunch and registering for this , many clubs and fighters didn't take the leap for one reason or another. We still have a good number of fights though:)

If you would like to see what the sport is all about and speak to some officials come along as spectators. We expect to finish up by 2 or 3pm.

I hope to see you there.

ps. There's a kids division 10am - 2pm on Sunday as well if any of you are looking for a good and safe option for you little warriors to compete in next year.

NEXT OPEN WILL BE 25TH OF FEBRUARY (tbc).

Advertisement