Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX repair

Options
  • 02-10-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

my xbox has thre ring of death does anyone know where i can get it fixed for a cheap price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489
    If your anywhere near Limerick I could do it for you
    educate yourself a bit first cheaper is definatly not always better in regard to xbox 360 repair.
    Whoever fixs it for you ask them if they use a rework station.
    If they say anything other than yes find someone different that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

tombomb96 wrote: »
    my xbox has thre ring of death does anyone know where i can get it fixed for a cheap price

http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/xbox-360/troubleshoot/repair/repair-process

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

tombomb96 wrote: »

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/

Used this method and it worked a treat. Obviously sending it to Microsoft is the correct way to do it but if you are out of warranty and are good with your hands and take care to follow the steps fully you should be fine.

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

You'll need to get it repaired via Microsoft if you don't want to get blocked from accessing Xbox LIVE. It's about 100 euro. Call Xbox Support and get it arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

€90 including VAT if booked online.

• Advertisement

im sorry but some of the information given here is plain wrong you wont get blocked from xbox live by getting a third party repair.
    And its ridiculous to think it will.
    Do not follow that instructable it does much more damage than good.
    you will be lucky if that "fix" lasts more than than a month and it will bring the succes rate of any real repair way down.
    If you want to fix rrod or ylod for that matter a rework station is needed.

there is an awful lot of bad info regarding rrod on the internet.
    if your console is under warranty get microsoft to repair it for free.
    if its not under warranty get a third party repair.
    ask them if they use a rework station if they dont find someone who does.

that was a pain to type on a phone :p

im sorry but some of the information given here is plain wrong you wont get blocked from xbox live by getting a third party repair.
    And its ridiculous to think it will.
    Do not follow that instructable it does much more damage than good.
    you will be lucky if that "fix" lasts more than than a month and it will bring the succes rate of any real repair way down.
    If you want to fix rrod or ylod for that matter a rework station is needed.

there is an awful lot of bad info regarding rrod on the internet.
    if your console is under warranty get microsoft to repair it for free.
    if its not under warranty get a third party repair.
    ask them if they use a rework station if they dont find someone who does.

that was a pain to type on a phone :p

Unless the repair shop have a direct authorisation from Microsoft, the console is liable to be banned from Xbox Live for tamper/modification.

And most likely the repair shop won't.

Im sory but there are no Microsoft authenticated repair shops.
    Microsoft don't even repair the xboxs themselves,they have a contract with a large third party repair company in Germany.

And anyway how does microsoft know if you had a third party repair your xbox ?
    Please explain.

The only way of Microsoft picking up on tampering or modding is with a modified dvd drive firmware or The jtag hack etc.
    Both of these practices have absolutely nothing to do with a rrod repair.

Not trying to be a dick or anything but some of the assumptions on this forum about rrod and repair here are ridiculously wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Im sory but there are no Microsoft authenticated repair shops.
    Microsoft don't even repair the xboxs themselves,they have a contract with a large third party repair company in Germany.

And anyway how does microsoft know if you had a third party repair your xbox ?
    Please explain.

The only way of Microsoft picking up on tampering or modding is with a modified dvd drive firmware or The jtag hack etc.
    Both of these practices have absolutely nothing to do with a rrod repair.

Not trying to be a dick or anything but some of the assumptions on this forum about rrod and repair here are ridiculously wrong

So true, a lot of people on here are misinformed they really should stop by the Console Modding forum more ;)

justryan wrote: »
    So true, a lot of people on here are misinformed they really should stop by the Console Modding forum more ;)

They have service contracts with several repair centres, not just based in Germany. The service centres

Misinformed? I wouldn't say that. When you deal with hundreds of modded consoles and console bans, you get a little "informed".

You may only access the Service with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via the World Wide Web. You agree that: (i) you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service; (ii) your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads); and (iii) we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification.

Covered in the Terms Of Use. If you want to go ahead and mod/repair whilst not actually knowing their detection methods. Be my guest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Phegasus wrote: »
    justryan wrote: »

They have service contracts with several repair centres, not just based in Germany. The service centres

Misinformed? I wouldn't say that. When you deal with hundreds of modded consoles and console bans, you get a little "informed".

You may only access the Service with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via the World Wide Web. You agree that: (i) you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service; (ii) your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads); and (iii) we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification.

Covered in the Terms Of Use. If you want to go ahead and mod/repair whilst not actually knowing their detection methods. Be my guest.

Please pay attention the OP is looking for a repair he is not interested in modding his console.

Yes you are misinformed that terms of use means nothing Microsoft have no way of determining if a console has been repaired by a third party unless they had physical access to the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eran.lenga

hello.

I lost my Hard drive SATA cable.

does someone know the power connector pinout so I make my one cable?

Advertisement