Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dipose of old electrical items

Options
  • 02-10-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any where on the Northside that you can leave in old electrical for recycling/disposal. Have a good few items I need to chuck out

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

all of the electrical shops must take all old applicances free of charge (well you have to paid WEE on all new electrical goods)

we usually just take ours to DID Electrical

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great one on Shamrock Terrace!

http://g.co/maps/b6huh

Good place to bring plastic bags and glass and stuff too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

irishbird wrote: »
    all of the electrical shops must take all old applicances free of charge (well you have to paid WEE on all new electrical goods)

we usually just take ours to DID Electrical

Not quite.

They are only obliged to take back an item like for like, when you buy something. Its unlikely they will take it back otherwise.

Info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It's not northside but there's a centre in Ringsend that takes all your old electrical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Estuary Road Recycling Centre near Swords.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

To rephrase the OP's question, is there any place on the northside of Dublin City where a person with a job can take their old electrical items without having to take time off work? Shamrock Terrace is only open weekdays 10-4.

Not quite.

They are only obliged to take back an item like for like, when you buy something. Its unlikely they will take it back otherwise.

Info here

well, DID and Powercity in Finglas take back any electrical goods whether you have purchased anything there or not.

they have taken back cookers and mircowaves even though we didnt purchase the replacement with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

well, DID and Powercity in Finglas take back any electrical goods whether you have purchased anything there or not.

they have taken back cookers and mircowaves even though we didnt purchase the replacement with them.

I can confirm this.

Des wrote: »
    I can confirm this.

Thank you, Dear
    xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Thats great to hear. When I tried to bring a dryer to currys in liffey valley, they insisted on seeing a receipt to show I had purchased one from them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

That's good to know. I needed a new kettle - saw one in a shop across from work and bought it. Of course I didn't have the old one with me, and never thought to bring it in. And there's a charge for the Ringsend place, isn't there? So didn't want to shell out for such a small item. So.......well, that's what attics are for, aren't they? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That's good to know. I needed a new kettle - saw one in a shop across from work and bought it. Of course I didn't have the old one with me, and never thought to bring it in. And there's a charge for the Ringsend place, isn't there? So didn't want to shell out for such a small item. So.......well, that's what attics are for, aren't they? :D
    No charge for the Northside one on Shamrock Terrace AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It's not northside but there's a centre in Ringsend that takes all your old electrical stuff.

That's good to know Jeff. Where in Ringsend exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    That's good to know Jeff. Where in Ringsend exactly?

http://dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=4

Dropped a TV up there a few months back and the brother got rid of some old paint too. Only a few electrical items allowed per trip though.

Advertisement