Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks late

• 02-10-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am 2 weeks late for my period. Took a HPT on day 11 and it was negative, it was the clear blue digital test. Need some advice. Do any of you think I should wait and take another one? I'm finding it hard to tell if any symptoms I'm having are early pregnancy symptons or just period related ones. I'm only 23 and with my boyfriend 9 months, so this is totally unplanned.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wait a couple of days and test again, use a First Response, they are really sensitive and test with the first urine of the day as if you are pregnant that's when the highest concentration of the pregnancy hormone (HCG) will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't know how much longer I can wait before doing another one. I know stress can delay your period but I would have thought that was usually by a few days, not 2 weeks. Pain on the right hand side of my lower abdimon and lower back, nipples are very painful, my whole stomach feels tender and bloated, moody and emotional (but that could be because I'm freaking out a tad), discharge every single day which I don't usually have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Wait a few days and test again. Make sure to use the first morning urine as it has the highest levels of hcg, the pregnancy hormone. There is such a think as a false negative test result, but never a false positive. Best of luck and by the way its unlikely if you are only a week or 2 pregnant that you would be experiencing symptoms. Its not always the case but usually the symptoms dont kick for a a little while longer than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm 15 days late (42 days since my last period and approx 28 DPO), so that wouldn't be a week or 2 pregnant. Thanks for the advice though, will definitely be buying more tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You'd be approx 6 weeks pregnant by your Last Monthly Period which is what the hospital will use to calculate your due date if you are pregnant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement