Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flourescent light with normal Incandescent bulb installed????

Options
  • 02-10-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Howdy, Recently moved house and I'm setting up a workshop in the garage. The garage already has one incandescent light bulb running to a switch. Previous owner left a nice long flourescent dual bulb fitting in the garage. I would love this light over my work bench. Would it be ok to wire it up to the existing bulb or would that be a big no no? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Prob alright to swop if theres a cpc(earth)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can now buy LED tubes too,and they are very good bright light.

Philips make them,and theres 1 or 2 other makers of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Im beginning to think your paddy philips:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Sorry I wasn't clear. I actually want to run a cable from the existing bulb to power the fluorescent. So the 2 bulbs would be in paralell electrically. Would it be ok?,,,I'm thinking now that it should be fine but just want to check and yes I will be earthing the fluorescent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

It'll prob be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

wire it in 1.5 t&e or 3x1.5 nym and not two core flymo flex like i came across the other day :rolleyes:
    to be on the safe side, wire the fitting up on a plug and a bit of flex before you go suspending it and perminantly wiring it, incase its faulty or there is a reason why it was left there and never fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

2 of the starters were knackered but after replacing works fine. Installed and all. Cheers! :)

Advertisement