Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Video Grabber

Options
  • 02-10-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭

Bought this in Lidl last week with the intention of putting old vhs onto my hard drive.

Reading back on the post below I realise its a bit of a moan but just looking to see if anyone else came up with these issues or if I'm doing something wrong - help appreciated:(

This can't be done without installing powerdirector 7, a cd that comes with the package. After installing powerdirector and having all my wires/vhs player set up, it turns out that I need to purchase the activation code from their website. The activation window says the activation key can be found on the cd cover, box cover, or in the email you got after purchasing Powerdirector. Anyone else come across this? Is this a bit of a rip off that after buying a video grabber from lidl for 24.99, that they expect you to have to go and buy a working version from a third party website for $114? Fair enough, there is a 30 day trial version but I had to go and find this by trawling through the net, and so after 30 days I need to purchase it to continue.

Theres absolutely no indication on Lidls packaging that I have to do any of this, not even a link to a site on the instruction manual where I can get the activation code, and no guidance on the cd supplied.

Am I missing something here? Should this just be in the Consumer Issues forum?

Cheers lads

Comments

Advertisement