Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting posts on forums with one mod

Options
  • 02-10-2011 6:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey

I want to check what the procedure is for reporting posts where one mod has been assigned to monitor the forum, where a post needs to be actioned by a mod and said mod is inactive/on holidays, etc. It's been said before (in Feedback, iirc) that CMods also read/pick up reported posts, but I don't know if this always happens. Once or twice I've seen posts being sorted only once a mod comes back from holiday/being away. I can't point to an example at this very moment and I'm not looking to knock anyone. Not expecting mods to be active 24/7, don't worry. :)

Anyway, if the forum mod is away and there's a post clearly needs to be dealt with and the report isn't picked up, do we PM a CMod?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Yeah, I imagine you would PM a CMod, especially if it was something serious enough, if not just wait until said Mod returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

No forum should have only one mod for this very reason. Yes - pm a cmod if the mod is inactive and there's no response to a reported post*. Cmods are busy enough so often don't check reported posts unless they know a forum is mod-light. When a forum is mod-light and they are made aware of it they can arrange another mod to assist also.

*Bear in mind that a post being reported doesn't mean anything will be done. Just because you think it should be actioned on doesn't necessarily mean it will be. We are constrained by charters and rules too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Orion wrote: »
    *Bear in mind that a post being reported doesn't mean anything will be done. Just because you think it should be actioned on doesn't necessarily mean it will be. We are constrained by charters and rules too :)

Absolutely, it's a judgement call and down to some degree of discretion. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Absolutely, it's a judgement call and down to some degree of discretion. :)

Unless it's obvious spam, and then you can link to it in the sticky thread at the top of Feedback for an Admin to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just to clarify in case it's unclear, CMods get all reported post notifications for whatever category they are responsible for so they shouldn't be in the dark over potential problems. Having said that, I obviously only have experience with the volume of reported posts from the Music category which probably has a fraction of the traffic of the larger categories.

• Advertisement
Advertisement