Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rambler/Waterways........RTE 8.30PM

• 02-10-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Should make a very interesting programme for the next few weeks,great guys that own this and the most welcoming people ive met on the water,and i know quite a few,worth watching guys and gals......

http://www.rte.ie/tv/waterways/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I did the Royal Canal in April with some friends in CYBC and we had problems until after the 12th lock so I can fully understand the frustration the crew must be feeling. I must admit to cringing when they tipped the wall going into the sea lock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A great program, I could have very happily watched an hour per episode. Really looking forward to the rest of the series. Very civilised boating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I just caught it while flicking channels and recognised the skipper of the barge, I remember seeing him every lunch time in Carrick-on-Shannon. He was working on the Bona Spez and he always had a huge dog with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Thats Johnny,owner of Bona spes he lives on her in carrick.Rambler belongs to his son John to say they know a thing or two about barges would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cmac

Does anyone know just how much damage was sustained in the wall incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Well there was a big mark left on the wall,a wee scratch on Rambler :D AND a huge dent left in the pride of the skipper.....who depending who you ask is always the other fella ;) fact.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Great guy Johnny I had a drink with him at the lough allen meet, just goes to show all are welcome at the powerboat branch even barge owners :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I was walking around Carrick-on-Shannon this week and noticed a fairly familiar barge at the last finger of the WWI pier. Rambler looks alot smaller in real life and alot plainer but she's still a beautiful boat

Advertisement