Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile number not working since came back from holidays

Options
  • 02-10-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else ever have problems with their phone after using it abroad?

I brought my mobile with me to Spain and used it there with no problems.
    However since coming back it only works for a couple of minutes or so then just says searching searching etc.
    My phone (Samsung Wave ) then comes up "sim refreshing" and if I'm lucky about 15 minutes later its usable for about 2-5 minutes before going offline again .

I thought it was something wrong with the sim so got a new one and had my old number ported to it but that has the exact same issue.
    So next I tried my wifes Tesco sim to check out the phone (she didnt bring hers to Spain) and it worked straight away in my phone, instantly got a signal, no problems at all.
    I called support and they said they cant see anything wrong with my number - that it was "logged in" (which it does do for a short time and then logs right back out!) I suggested calling it and they wont be able to get though but they just said they couldnt see anything wrong.

They said they would raise with their technical people but that might take a week, and sure how will they contact me anyhow???
    They advised getting another sim to try porting the number again but I really dont think that is going to make any difference?
    What to do now? I want to use my number which everyone has for me but is there some kind of issue caused by the roaming and how can I get it fixed!!??

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi there

If you go to the Network or Carrier section of your settings menu there should be an option to set it to Automatic this should resolve the issue

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hi there

If you go to the Network or Carrier section of your settings menu there should be an option to set it to Automatic this should resolve the issue

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, I just tried another sim and it all seems to be working fine :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Supercell wrote: »
    Thanks Paul, I just tried another sim and it all seems to be working fine :)

No problem, glad to hear you are back up and running.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement