Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jelly SMS

• 02-10-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Is anybody having trouble with Jelly Sms? It says "login failed, please re-enter your login details for 02.ie in 'user profiles' which I did but still is not working :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

are you having any other data problems with o2, they were experiencing difficulties over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Empsey

No o2 is working fine. This has been going on for a while now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

O2 changed their website which broke JSMS - an update to JSMS is pending approval from apple AFAIK.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Empsey

oh great thats a pain in the butt!! Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

O2 changed their website which broke JSMS - an update to JSMS is pending approval from apple AFAIK.

Nate

Aha! Great, having the same problem.
    However, it still works with EirText Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

The iOS and Mac versions of Jelly SMS have been updated with a fix for O2. Please download the latest free update from the App Store.

fbradyirl wrote: »
    The iOS and Mac versions of Jelly SMS have been updated with a fix for O2. Please download the latest free update from the App Store.

Got it, working perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Having problems with three webtext using jelly and eirtext,when i send a jelly sms through my three account in generates a random number received when sent to 02 number. When i send a jelly sms from three to three it works ok my name comes up in contact list.Anybody like to try this out for me thanks??

decies wrote: »
    Having problems with three webtext using jelly and eirtext,when i send a jelly sms through my three account in generates a random number received when sent to 02 number. When i send a jelly sms from three to three it works ok my name comes up in contact list.Anybody like to try this out for me thanks??

I'm confused: I'll help but can you elaborate?

culabula wrote: »
    I'm confused: I'll help but can you elaborate?

Id knew you say that lol. Well say my number is 087 12356789 i send webtext to 02 number through jellly sms the receiver who has my name in her contact list say decies boy, well text from decies boy is recived but my name doesnt show up ,just a random number but text is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Id knew you say that lol. Well say my number is 087 12356789 i send webtext to 02 number through jellly sms the receiver who has my name in her contact list say decies boy, well text from decies boy is recived but my name doesnt show up ,just a random number but text is ok

Does the number they see as sender doesn't match at all to your own number? or does it add some digits to the front of your number?

Did you try to remove the account and re-add it again on Jelly-sms?

Does the same thing happen when you send from webtext.three.ie? If so, then you may need to contact Three directly. All the apps do is send the message via the website....

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Finally. This has been doing my head in for the last week!

Three webtext is sending out random numbers when you send a text,so a person cant reply to that number

Three webtext is sending out random numbers when you send a text,so a person cant reply to that number

I'll ask again:

Does the same thing happen when you send from webtext.three.ie? If so, then you may need to contact Three directly. All the apps do is send the message via the website....

yes webtext too ,its a three webtext to 02 problem .

Why would they want to do that? Anyway, I just tested it and it's not the case for me (just sent 4 x SMS to each of my SIMs from the four majors).

By Jove, you're right. When sent to O2 IRL, it's appearing to come from a British mobile number. 3 IRL must be piggybacking on 3UK's infrastructure......

Strange..

You should post on the Three forum as its not a Jelly SMS issue. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Does anyone know if Jelly SMS works with tescomobile webtexts.
    Im looking for an app for them. ITs either eirtext pro or jelly sms but im not sure if they either work with tesco mobile.

• Advertisement

Do Tesco mobile offer free web texts? If so, then I'll certainly add support in Jelly SMS. (I may need to borrow someones login details for a few minutes though)

Do Tesco mobile offer free web texts? If so, then I'll certainly add support in Jelly SMS. (I may need to borrow someones login details for a few minutes though)

I went to the jellysms website. No support yet by the looks of it. None for Eirtext Pro either.

But Tesco don't have free web texts on their site

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

But Tesco don't have free web texts on their site

Tesco Mobile are offering free webtexts for the last few weeks - since 5th December, AFAIR.

Ok cool. If someone can lend me the login details for an evening, I will add support to Jelly SMS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

Great app, just a quick pointer, there's no mention anywhere that you can send messages longer than 160 characters (which you obviously can) - just spend the past hour googling it, but couldn't find confirmation anywhere.. had the default profile set to o2.co.uk and that only lets u sent 160 characters, so assumed it was the same for vodafone.ie - but after setting up another profile with vodafone, realised you could.. so, just mention that in the faq's of your website for other people to read, because it makes deciding this is the right app a little easier! keep up the good work

Great app, just a quick pointer, there's no mention anywhere that you can send messages longer than 160 characters (which you obviously can) - just spend the past hour googling it, but couldn't find confirmation anywhere.. had the default profile set to o2.co.uk and that only lets u sent 160 characters, so assumed it was the same for vodafone.ie - but after setting up another profile with vodafone, realised you could.. so, just mention that in the faq's of your website for other people to read, because it makes deciding this is the right app a little easier! keep up the good work

Length of message depends on the service used -not on Jelly SMS. Vodafone.ie allow quite long messages (LMS) and this is reflected when you use the app. 3 Irl only allow 320 characters, for example whereas O2 are somewhat similar to Vodafone. Of those three, only O2 allow proper transmission of accented Latin characters and again this is available via the app. In other words, Jelly is simply a conduit for the service offered by the originating profile -the operator.

O2.co.uk offer a paltry 10 free messages a month (whoop-de-do) and you don't even get 160 characters as they tag a default sig onto each and every message.

Jelly SMS now supports TescoMobile.ie

Screen-Shot-2012-01-31-at-08.21.52.png

Visit our website for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Norberto

Very useful post, exactly what I was looking for, something instead of eirText app. still does not support tesco mobile web sms.
    Big Thanks Folks for it! :)

• Advertisement

Norberto wrote: »
    Very useful post, exactly what I was looking for, something instead of eirText app. still does not support tesco mobile web sms.
    Big Thanks Folks for it! :)

Yeah very poor effort from eirtext.
    I think jellySMS is the definitely the best app for webtexts.

Advertisement