Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jelly SMS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The new update is a cracker. Was thinking of buying iRealSms...not anymore! Well done, it looks stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Thanks a lot! I have some more stuff coming soon also so watch this space ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Thanks a lot! I have some more stuff coming soon also so watch this space ;)

Hi, couple of comments on latest version, I'm with o2 so I should see status of webtext sent messages, when I send a text after sending the status of the message is Sent to Provider so I do not know if it was deliver or not. Also if I delete the sent message from tge app I cannot see the status of the message like it was on the old version by clicking on Reports, hope they can be readded again.

nava wrote: »
    Hi, couple of comments on latest version, I'm with o2 so I should see status of webtext sent messages, when I send a text after sending the status of the message is Sent to Provider so I do not know if it was deliver or not. Also if I delete the sent message from tge app I cannot see the status of the message like it was on the old version by clicking on Reports, hope they can be readded again.

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. The delivery reports are refreshed every ten minutes or so, so you should see delivered under the message after a while.

I'm a bit confused about the delete problem. Why would you delete it if you want to see it's delivery status later? I would recommend not deleting it until you know it's delivered.

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. The delivery reports are refreshed every ten minutes or so, so you should see delivered under the message after a while.

I'm a bit confused about the delete problem. Why would you delete it if you want to see it's delivery status later? I would recommend not deleting it until you know it's delivered.

I sent some messages last nite and today still show as Sent to Provider,

For my 2nd question, yes true about messages sent from the app, but I used it sometimes as I send messages using the windows version of JellySMS and while out I want to see if messages got deliver, with the old version I was able to do it but no with new version.

• Advertisement

I sent some messages last nite and today still show as Sent to Provider,

The app needs to be open for some time to allow reports to download since Apple don't allow tasks to keep running in the background. It should refresh them.
    For my 2nd question, yes true about messages sent from the app, but I used it sometimes as I send messages using the windows version of JellySMS and while out I want to see if messages got deliver, with the old version I was able to do it but no with new version.

Gotcha. Maybe I can re-add that somewhere in the settings screen for viewing all recent sent SMS reports.

The app needs to be open for some time to allow reports to download since Apple don't allow tasks to keep running in the background. It should refresh them.
    Thanks will try that.
    Gotcha. Maybe I can re-add that somewhere in the settings screen for viewing all recent sent SMS reports.

Thanks, that will be great, even if possible maybe only show that button on the main screen when O2 is selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Jesus, this is wrecking my head!
    I can't seem to create a group in Jelly
    Have searched d'internet ad nauseum to no avail.
    How does one do this?
    I'm looking to send free texts to my team using Jelly and
    have 600 Vodafone webtexts per month.
    Any help much appreciated
    iphone 4

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Jabel wrote: »
    Jesus, this is wrecking my head!
    I can't seem to create a group in Jelly
    Have searched d'internet ad nauseum to no avail.
    How does one do this?
    I'm looking to send free texts to my team using Jelly and
    have 600 Vodafone webtexts per month.
    Any help much appreciated
    iphone 4

J

Not sure, but do you not create the group first in address book and then use Jelly to send to that group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Thanks for that and I did manage to create group on my Mac
    but how do you select the whole group at once without selecting
    them individually from within the group. I dont see any
    option there, when you select group it just opens it up.

Thanks
    J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Unfortunately Jelly app no longer works properly on my iphone 3gs (5.1).
    When I send a message to a group using ABC contacts it just shows the blank grey page on the Jelly app (with 'profiles' on the top left corner).
    When I try to add the numbers one by one the Jelly app gets very slow and crashes after adding about 7 people.
    I use Jelly all the time to send texts to large groups of people and it used to work wonderfully. However, since the update it frequently crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Jabel wrote: »
    Thanks for that and I did manage to create group on my Mac
    but how do you select the whole group at once without selecting
    them individually from within the group. I dont see any
    option there, when you select group it just opens it up.

Thanks
    J

If you're sending to a group on an iphone then download ABC contacts app. When you send an sms from this app it will use Jelly. However, not working properly since the new Jelly update. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Apologies guys. I had tested ABContacts but something must have changed to break Jelly SMS compatibility with it just before release of Jelly 4.0 so I'll fix that up in the next update.

I'll also see what I can do about adding group support.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Finbarr

Just to let you know that I have fixed the ABContacts support, and also added native group support so you can select existing groups in your phone book.

JellySMS_group_support.png

If you have 'Only Show Mobiles' checked in settings, then it will only add the phone numbers defined as 'Mobile' for each contact in the group, otherwise it will add all numbers for all contacts in the selected group.

These updates will be available in version 4.0.3 in a week or two after Apple review and approve the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks, great app. Do you have any other of your own on the app store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

quick question : jelly sms cant take over sms duties from the stock iphone sms app by any chance?

id like to have been able to get sent and received smses in only one programme as i can then keep track of conversations.

thanks

Spipov wrote: »
    quick question : jelly sms cant take over sms duties from the stock iphone sms app by any chance?

id like to have been able to get sent and received smses in only one programme as i can then keep track of conversations.

thanks

I'd love to but because of Apple restrictions this is not possible on iOS.

Mine still has the abc contacts bug. Is there any plan to have this sorted?

gzoladz wrote: »
    Mine still has the abc contacts bug. Is there any plan to have this sorted?

That's fixed in the next version.

Cheers, is there an et to release the update?

• Advertisement

Could be a couple of weeks before Apple approve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Hi. I purchased jelly sms, full version a while ago. Yesterday my phone died for good. Its gone for repair, so im using another iphone at the moment. When I restored my phone, jelly sms wasnt there and I had to download and pay for it again. Can anyone advise?

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Hi. I purchased jelly sms, full version a while ago. Yesterday my phone died for good. Its gone for repair, so im using another iphone at the moment. When I restored my phone, jelly sms wasnt there and I had to download and pay for it again. Can anyone advise?

Hi there, please see here for more info on that:

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/restoring-previous-purchases/

Could be a couple of weeks before Apple approve it.

Any luck :) ?

gzoladz wrote: »
    Any luck :) ?

Yes the full version got the update a couple of weeks back however Jelly SMS Free is still pending approval.

The latest free update for Jelly SMS for iOS is out now in the app store. (Version 4.1.2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Thanks guys. I would really appreciate it if you could write a good review for the app on the app store. Recent issues have brought some bad reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Del007

I've just bought the sending pictures add on but now the thank you pop up is on the screen and I can't get out of it. Any idea how to get out of this.

• Advertisement

Del007 wrote: »
    I've just bought the sending pictures add on but now the thank you pop up is on the screen and I can't get out of it. Any idea how to get out of this.
    Huh! Could you restart the app (or your phone) and that should sort it.

Advertisement