Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire electrical cooker?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a new electrical cooker today (Whirlpool), presuming I only had to plug it in. However, it has to be wired. Anyone any tips on how to do this?

photo.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Tip 1 would be to find the missing screw from the brown terminal. Tip 2 would be to connect the blue to blue, brown to brown & green/yellow to green/yellow. :-)

Is the in coming white cable fitted to a plug?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it is I hope its a small cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I think it's only an oven, that's why I asked the wattage..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The cable does look very light allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Tip 1 would be to find the missing screw from the brown terminal. Tip 2 would be to connect the blue to blue, brown to brown & green/yellow to green/yellow. :-)

I have the screw. I know that I need to 'match the colours' my question is how, as there is no obvious way to do it (at least not obvious to me who can wire a plug but not much else..)
    The White cable is wired correctly into the wall, I am replacing an existing electric oven.

This is the one I bought :
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=45-40-A206IX&pages=1&prod=A206IX&brands=WHIRLPOOL&image=

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I dont see much on the specs there, But if thats going into a main cooker connection it may need to be spurred down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have the screw. I know that I need to 'match the colours' my question is how, as there is no obvious way to do it

The ferrule goes under the screw head.Turn back 2 or 3 turns, put in ferrule and re-tighten. Put the tail into the left side of the screw, so as you tighten it wouldn't come back like it would if you put it in on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rum and coke

Get an electrician.
    If you were looking for a MASS would you call a priest

Get an electrician.

I got a quote for €100 for what looks like a very simple job. A priest to say Mass would be cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

you might be needing a priest if its wired wrong ;)

• Advertisement

Sorted and still alive. Thanks all for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Get an electrician.

When your cooking dinner, do you call in a chef? i knew a few non priests that would say mass.

Advertisement