Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb problems...

• 02-10-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys anyone have any issues with speeds from digiweb in the South Kildare area? Id say the past month every night it drops off and would randomly disconnect for about an hour, then reconnect... Like last night it was going at 65kbps download from about 9-12... then sped up a bit.

I'm meant to be on 7.6mb DSL... but never get it, i used imagine and eircom on this line before and they were grand most of the time.... I just wanted 7.6.

Even watching you-tube videos is a struggle. i done a speed test on some Irish site and one of the results was that the connection isn't consistent. Which would explain the dropping off i'd imagine.

I emailed customer support and explained my problems. I am not over my monthly quota either.

if it keeps up im gonna terminate the contract. Under a year i know. But if im not getting what i pay for. tough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 netwizard

DSL service is the same regardless of the supplier, its wholesaled to Vodafone, Digiweb, Imagine and others. Its the same copper going to the same DSLAM.
    One of 2 likely things has happened your line, 1 eircom is congested in the area or 2 your line has been jumpered at the exchange to provide a service to someone else degrading your line. Your throughput will be the same whatever the DSL service provider, only the price and bundle change. Usage is not throttled by the 3rd party providers, all controlled by Eircom wholesale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Mine's been awefully slow in county Limerick today. Was slow the last few evenings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i'm with digiweb metro, limerick city area, its usually bang on, but ive no connection tonight first time in over a year ive lost all connection..., tethering off my s2 now, ive reset my router and reset the thompson modem, still nothing...anyone else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

There's a problem on woodcock hill in Limerick this evening affecting multiple service providers, metro should hopefully be back online shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Mine has been brutal here in Athlone for the last couple of weeks, logged it with them last week. Was practically unusable the last few days. Hopefully get it sorted this week. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

so netwizard, there really isnt anything i can do?

Advertisement