Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get fit

• 02-10-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

i'm gonna start one of these as some where to keep motivated and track progress:rolleyes:

so when i started making changes to my life style about a month ago i was 16 stone. I'm now down to 15.5.

main changes i've made are to my diet, trying to cut out crap, eat a good breakfast, decent luch and small dinner. i used to not eat breakfast and then have a medium size lunch and a massive dinner some times late in the evening which is probably a bad idea.

today was my first cycle on my new bike

I did 35k out to howth, up the hill and back to D2. I averaged 24kph

16ee82e1.jpg

not looking forward to the cold weather spins but i'm playing a good bit of squash and going to start spinning to get fitness up over the winter as well as weekend spins on the bike.

14 stone is my goal and then i'll probably move the goal posts again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

Did a quick 25k today at an average of 24 kph. Was flying early on but hit a serious head wind and rain on the way home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Fair play to you and nice bike by the way keep it up man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

try and do an hour every day

i was out again this morning for 30k. only averaged 23kph, i'm blaming the Irish rugby team for my drop in motivation:D It was very windy and i did more hills than before so it was a good spin.

I had a row with an old dear in a micra, she started beeping at me to move over as we went down a reasonable tight street. in fairness a bus could have passed me but she was about 90 and deranged. anyway, i stopped in front of her, she rolled down the window and embarrasingly I confronted her and totally got bike rage and flipped out:o I think it was because she said 'you cyclists have to get out of the way of the cars or you will be killed':rolleyes:

on a more positive note, i'm down to a smidge over 15 stone. nearly lost a stone this month(i play squash too):eek: in fairness, i haven't had much appetite the last few days due to the man flu so i think this may have accelerated my weight loss but i'll try keep it off any way. next stop 14 stone:cool:

well, it's been a year since I started this thread and I am down to wait for it........12 stone. :eek::cool::D

I have to say, I didn't do much cycling. I just stopped eating crap all day and started playing squash 3 times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Wow congrats. Whats your diet like now? Roughly?

BostonB wrote: »
    Wow congrats. Whats your diet like now? Roughly?

Usually 3 weetabix with low fat milk and a bit of sugar for breakfast. Plus a coffee or two.

Then at 11am ill have more coffee and maybe another bowl if weetabix or some brown toast with jam. I don't have this every day.

Lunch is usually a chicken/lettuce/tomato/mayo sambo or tuna/mayo/sweet corn sandwich with soup plus more coffee!

Dinner is usually spaghetti bolognese, beef stew, or grilled salmon, sweet potatoes an sweet corn.

I have cut out crisps and most junk (used to eat a big bag a few times a week)

I still have a dirty take away once a week (atleast sometimes!). Usually a curry or cod and chip/snack box as a treat.

The difference now is last year I wasn't having lunch and dinner, I was having a large dinner at lunch and large dinner in the evening, plus biscuits and crisps and usually a beer or two every night!!! My dinner portion size in the evening is half what it was, but is still plenty. I also stopped going to supermacs and jimmy chungs for lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Well done dude! There was some change in your appearance the last time I bumped into you, I can only imagine how much you've changed now! Keep it up!

Also, you haven't put up a pic of your latest bike to show it off I noticed....

colm_gti wrote: »
    Well done dude! There was some change in your appearance the last time I bumped into you, I can only imagine how much you've changed now! Keep it up!

Also, you haven't put up a pic of your latest bike to show it off I noticed....

haha! good man, I was half tempted to 'fixie' the new bike for a while, like all the cool kids!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

autotrader wrote: »
    haha! good man, I was half tempted to 'fixie' the new bike for a while, like all the cool kids!:P

Don't even think about it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement