Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

As a poster with less than 50posts you are not allowed to post links of any description on to the site.
    Imposed recently as a safety measure.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I am having difficulty uploading photos from flikr any suggestions appreciated.I have also tried the steps in the photography section but to no avail.

Yup. As above. Due to some dodgy behaviour Boards.ie had to place restriction on members who are new and/or have a low post count

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Brians Collection

Thank you all for the info, now until I get 50 posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Folks Im sorry about the size of the photos, any ideas?

Size of the photos look fine to me, where are they taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

Size of the photos look fine to me, where are they taken?

What type lens mm did you use for those overhead photos you took ? Nice photos I like them really clear !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sigma 150mm-500mm at 500mm hooked up to a Nikon D5100

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Who´s had a Bird Strike, looks Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

mayotom wrote: »
    Who´s had a Bird Strike, looks Nasty

Bird ??

Looks like one of santa's Reindeer :p

Wonder how much it will influence the handling of the plane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It's an A320 in Damman Saudi Arabia.... They didn't know that they were damaged until after landing.

Santa doesn't operate in that part of the world, so it had to be a bird or someone on a flying carpet.

Apparently a high power engine run done on cobblelock paving, end result you see here.

• Advertisement

Xpro wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: found them online
    Apparently a high power engine run done on cobblelock paving, end result you see here.

That series of pics is hilarious and so bloody farcical....cobble stones on the tail plane.......

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Tenger wrote: »
    That series of pics is hilarious and so bloody farcical....cobble stones on the tail plane.......

Irish travelers abroad installing patios and tarmac:D

IRLConor wrote: »
    I got lucky today. Flying out of Portland, Oregon I spotted an An-124 from the approach road and then caught a flash of an F/A-18 between two buildings.........We taxied out and the pilot announced that we were #3 for departure and I could see this out the window:
    You could feel our aircraft shake when they used the afterburners for takeoff. :D
    NICE :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

NICE :D

Yup, and during the climb out I got a brief glimpse of a flight line full of F-15s on the other side of the airport. :D

fr336 wrote: »
    BrKOqzBIEAAfkqH.jpg:large

Was this EI-BPI??

I remember this event, i believe that they lost close to 900,000 in the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

smurfjed wrote: »
    Was this EI-BPI??

I remember this event, i believe that they lost close to 900,000 in the first year.

Not sure I'm afraid Smurf.

A few more aircraft pictures at Dublin airport added to my flikr account. If you fancy a look just follow the link that I used in previous posts . I cant link it directly because of a 50 post rule.

A few more aircraft pictures at Dublin airport added to my flikr account. If you fancy a look just follow the link that I used in previous posts . I cant link it directly because of a 50 post rule.

Can't find that original post....just post a link in the Photo thread...we can follow it.

Several people do that anyway. Just add a description then the link.

Can't find that original post....just post a link in the Photo thread...we can follow it.

Several people do that anyway. Just add a description then the link.

Hi Tenger, I have tried to post the link but not allowed my Flikr name is Brians Collection.

The MD-11 operated by Nordic airlines into Dublin airport is now on my Flikr account under the name Brians Collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

MD-11 Dublin

A large number of aircraft that were parked at the airport have been destroyed, with the Tripoli International Airport administration claiming that 21 aircraft have been destroyed in the fighting, and that these are valued at $1.98 billion.

In total, five aircraft have been totally destroyed, including an Afriqiyah Airways Airbus A330 and a Libyan Airlines Bombardier CRJ900. An apparently derelict Boeing 727 was also destroyed. At least six aircraft have been substantially damaged, mostly Libyan Airlines and Afriqiyah Airways A330s and A320s, while over a dozen other aircraft have received light damage. Again, most of these aircraft are A320s and A330s belonging to Libya’s two main carriers.

I didn't realise that so many aircraft actually got destroyed.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I didn't realise that so many aircraft actually got destroyed.

I remember seeing pics of 2-3 destroyed Afriqiyah aircraft during the rebellion 2-3 years ago as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

@BluePunto

1st one is Sleap 52°50'3.76"N 2°46'4.48"W
    2nd one is Throckmorton 52° 8'35.50"N 2° 2'9.99"W

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

tricky D wrote: »
    @BluePunto

Many Thanks

tricky D wrote: »
    @BluePunto

And you can still edie the title in FLickr.

Lovely clear shots of those airfields. Only ever saw FAB, Dolly's and Brize myself

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

dm09 wrote: »
    Couple of shots from Entebbe International Airport Uganda July 2014

Unknown

2i0rxe.jpg
    ......]

The Unknown is Sabreliner N250EC which was grounded there after being damaged from rebel fire in the early 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Blue Punto wrote: »
    The Unknown is Sabreliner N250EC which was grounded there after being damaged from rebel fire in the early 90's

Wow, Thanks for the info! Certainly some interesting aircraft in that area of the airport that looks like a plane graveyard. I used the info you provided and found the accident record for it

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20030508-1

I also noticed the 1980 LOCKHEED L-1011 TriStar (5X-AAV) , is for sale online posted here, only $950,000 :D

http://flightplanet.com/jet-aircraft-for-sale/lockheed/l-1011-tristar__2956.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Jaysus, that Sukhoi Su22 could do with a bit of TLC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Lufthansa Retro livery has just landed in Dub.

Registration
    D-AIDV

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviatio...show?id=489911

Advertisement