Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Hardwareversand still Accept Paypal?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Title says it all really, got a client who's looking to pay through paypal but I heard that they don't accept paypal anymore, is the true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

They do, AFAIK, but they charge an extra 3%? I've never actually ordered from HWVS though, so take that with a grain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Has anybody here paid HWVS with their amazon account?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Always paid HWV with a bank transfer, under the "IBAN" option. Do the "fast way" that costs an extra €40 and the transfer is same day, or something, rather than four days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

As mentioned before, they do Paypal with a UK email address registered on the website, but its very much hit and miss so it seems

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Damnit, I just paid them by IBAN - didn't see any option to go with PayPal (which I'd have preferred).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Where's the option for paypal on hardwareversand? I haven't spotted it yet :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Moriarty wrote: »
    Where's the option for paypal on hardwareversand? I haven't spotted it yet :/
    It's weird, some people get the option, others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm ordering my build this week and I have the option of paypal but it says they Do not accept credit cards so Im guessing I can't pay with my debit card then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

blobby360 wrote: »
    I'm ordering my build this week and I have the option of paypal but it says they Do not accept credit cards so Im guessing I can't pay with my debit card then ?

I payed through my credit card (via paypal) on HWVS even though it stated that they do not accept credit cards back in December.

Trevor451 wrote: »

I payed through my credit card (via paypal) on HWVS even though it stated that they do not accept credit cards back in December.
    Oh ok then that's good news . I wonder why they don't except credit cards though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

They are Germans :P Paying by bank transfer (Überweisung) is extremely common and accepted and also very easily done online. (Irish bank online offerings only very recently added that option, with some you still have to ring to set up an international bank transfer). Offering credit card payments is way more expensive for the company and Germans are cheapskates :P (I am allowed to say that being German myself :P)
    On that note, if you come across any German blurp on the HWVD site you can;t work out, give me a holler
    Currently turning upgrade vs new build arguments over in my head, may pester ye lot in here with questions soon

morgana wrote: »
    They are Germans :P Paying by bank transfer (Überweisung) is extremely common and accepted and also very easily done online. (Irish bank online offerings only very recently added that option, with some you still have to ring to set up an international bank transfer). Offering credit card payments is way more expensive for the company and Germans are cheapskates :P (I am allowed to say that being German myself :P)
    On that note, if you come across any German blurp on the HWVD site you can;t work out, give me a holler
    Currently turning upgrade vs new build arguments over in my head, may pester ye lot in here with questions soon

Thanks I'll send you a message if i need help with anything on HWVD. I'll be sending my payment via paypal tomorrow so fingers crossed it'll work ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

did your payment go through?

looking to order from them aswell and would like to use paypal (via credit card)

did your payment go through?

looking to order from them aswell and would like to use paypal (via credit card)

Yeah it went through no problem .
    I sent payment a 9:00am and got a message saying the recieved it at 9:45 so it works fast .
    Also they charge a extra 3% for using paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

cheers, how long did it take for them to ship your order from the day you paid?

cheers, how long did it take for them to ship your order from the day you paid?

It took around 9 hours to ship from when I sent the payment . But that's only because I payed via paypal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It took around 9 hours to ship from when I sent the payment . But that's only because I payed via paypal .

That's very good, definitely worth giving them a go.

Advertisement