Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying PC Components Through Financing?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Recently my mates XPS died and now he needs a new computer, he's well able to build his own and only had the xps because he needed to buy a comp through financing but now he is really put off by Dell (unsurprisingly).
    He's looking to spend around 1K on his new build but it will take him awhile to save for that so we both would like to know if there's any retailers who do components\builds on finance? if not he's just gonna save for abit then just take out a loan so no bigger if he can't

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Recently my mates XPS died and now he needs a new computer, he's well able to build his own and only had the xps because he needed to buy a comp through financing but now he is really put off by Dell (unsurprisingly).
    He's looking to spend around 1K on his new build but it will take him awhile to save for that so we both would like to know if there's any retailers who do components\builds on finance? if not he's just gonna save for abit then just take out a loan so no bigger if he can't
    HWVS do AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

yea i saw that on there but i thaught you'd only be eligible for that if you were living in germany, so whats th story if you want to do it through them?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

yea i saw that on there but i thaught you'd only be eligible for that if you were living in germany, so whats th story if you want to do it through them?

Scan do it as well. But they all work out fairly expensive. I just see that its a APR of 19.9%. My credit card isnt even that high.

If you can I would recommend going somewhere like your local credit union. Way better rates (think a personal loan is just under 10%) and dont feel like your being screwed :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would never recommend Financing on PC's/Notebooks. Very high rates and long contracts meaning you can pay up to 40% more on some PCs in some circumstances.

Also HWVS don't do financing out of Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Scan also dont do it outside of the UK, so it looks like you might have to go the credit union way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KamSaw

Credit union is better than retailers. I know overclockers.co.uk do it but I think it's UK only, harvey norman does it as well but it's prebuilts only

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dont go near the finance dell and other companies provide. it will be around 20% APR

nothing wrong on borrowing money on your biuld though. best thing to do is to go to your bank ( or credid union if you use one ) and take personal/car loan. It will be max 10% APR and you will be able to repay it quicker if you want so.

i dont see a problem for a person to borrow 1k eu and spend it on pc.

some people take more money from bank on holidays or xmas shoping... :rolleyes:

Advertisement