Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any idea when Lidl/Aldi have their running sale?

• 02-10-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

Any idea when Lidl and Aldi have their annual ****load of running gear for sale? It's usually around this time of year so I'm hoping I haven't missed it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

You haven't missed it, but they only advertise stuff 2 weeks in advance, so keep your eye on the websites for the next while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Lidl have opened up a store in Gullivers Retail park in Northwood, Santry (Close to the M50) trading under the name Bargain Base.
    It's stocked with loads of crap they couldn't sell in the regular stores but depending on what you want there's a decent chance of you getting it there throughout the year. They limit opening to Thursday to Sundays though so avoid taking the journey Mon - Wed!

I live beside it so if you list what you are looking for I may be able to offer feedback if they stock those particular items.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EdMoses

belcarra wrote: »
    Lidl have opened up a store in Gullivers Retail park in Northwood, Santry (Close to the M50) trading under the name Bargain Base.
    It's stocked with loads of crap they couldn't sell in the regular stores but depending on what you want there's a decent chance of you getting it there throughout the year. They limit opening to Thursday to Sundays though so avoid taking the journey Mon - Wed!

I live beside it so if you list what you are looking for I may be able to offer feedback if they stock those particular items.

Was up there last week and got a load of stuff for next to nothing...pairs of running tights for a fiver each, long sleeve tops for a fiver and running jackets for a tenner. All good quality. Well worth a visit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Lidl have running gear on Thursday 13th October- usual stuff running jackets, compression tops/shorts and socks etc... Usual cracking value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

belcarra wrote: »

Ah good news. I don't have anything in particular that I want, more just running low on the basics eg. tights, compression t shirts, running jackets etc.

• Advertisement

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Lidl have running gear on Thursday 13th October- usual stuff running jackets, compression tops/shorts and socks etc... Usual cracking value

Aldi have the same running stuff on Thursday 13th.

Either a big coincidence , or a typo in above post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

cant find it on their site.....link ?

Nothing on either lidl or aldi website - but was reading the leaflet last night for 13th October (Came with the RTÉ guide) - don't have it to hand but will double check tonight whether it was LIDL or ALDI - thought it was lidl but it is possible that I'm wrong!!

Nothing on either lidl or aldi website - but was reading the leaflet last night for 13th October (Came with the RTÉ guide) - don't have it to hand but will double check tonight whether it was LIDL or ALDI - thought it was lidl but it is possible that I'm wrong!!

The leaflet that came with the RTE Gudie is for Aldi,
    Their 13th Oct specials are not on their website yet.

huskerdu wrote: »
    The leaflet that came with the RTE Gudie is for Aldi,
    Their 13th Oct specials are not on their website yet.

Yeah just checked it their - its ALDI that have running gear on 13th October - apologies for any confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Yeah just checked it their - its ALDI that have running gear on 13th October - apologies for any confusion.

You were right the first time too, Lidl have running gear on the 13th :D

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-7CDFE13F-2BEB847C/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=14131

lway wrote: »
    You were right the first time too, Lidl have running gear on the 13th :D

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-7CDFE13F-2BEB847C/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=14131

Even when I'm wrong, I'm right:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just to save any confusion both Lidl and Aldi have running gear on sale on the 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Just to save any confusion both Lidl and Aldi have running gear on sale on the 13th.

Dilemma - will it be Aldi or Lidl I queue overnight to get all the bargains???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Is there any point turning up after work, does the gear generally sell out fast. I live miles away for Aldi.

hatful wrote: »
    Is there any point turning up after work, does the gear generally sell out fast. I live miles away for Aldi.

It does in some shops. I got involved in a serious scrum in Aldi in Rathfarnham one morning last winter over the last of the tights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Anyone ever got the ladies tights from either Aldi or Lidl? Just wondering what the quality & sizing is like.

captain P wrote: »
    Anyone ever got the ladies tights from either Aldi or Lidl? Just wondering what the quality & sizing is like.

I have a pair from Aldi, which I got 2 years ago and despite constant use and abuse, are still in good nick.

I looked at them last night and there is no indication of the size, so I cant comment on the sizing. I think the sizes are fairly true.

I have a pair of running trousers ( not tights) from Lidl last year. They are good quality, but I hate wearing them running, prefer tights.

According to the website, the Ladies ones in Lidl only come in M-XL.

I have a pair from Aldi, which I got 2 years ago and despite constant use and abuse, are still in good nick.

I looked at them last night and there is no indication of the size, so I cant comment on the sizing. I think the sizes are fairly true.

I have a pair of running trousers ( not tights) from Lidl last year. They are good quality, but I hate wearing them running, prefer tights.

According to the website, the Ladies ones in Lidl only come in M-XL.

Thanks for that :)! Won't be able to get to either store until after 10am tomorrow, hopefully there's some left!

They've lasted two years for that price - pretty good. I'm always pleasantly surprised at the quality of their stuff - got some cycling gear that is better than expensive stuff I've bought!

captain P wrote: »
    Thanks for that :)! Won't be able to get to either store until after 10am tomorrow, hopefully there's some left!

They've lasted two years for that price - pretty good. I'm always pleasantly surprised at the quality of their stuff - got some cycling gear that is better than expensive stuff I've bought!

Bought a pair in Lidl this morning. They look like nice quality.
    I haven't tried them on, but the small looks to be the right size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Got some hats and gloves this morning - there was a bit of a bun fight in Wicklow as some classy females fought over some boots :eek:

Wasn't able to make it to Lidl today :(. But I got some decent long sleeved tops in Aldi which I'm happy with :).
    The compression gear looks very small (always kinda does I suppose!), I'd advise a size up if anyone is unsure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got everything I wanted today in Lidl Kilkenny, lots of stuff still available.
    Tired on everything but the running tights, all fit perfectly which is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

Went to a lidl store... Only Socks left, gloves and hats.. All the other stuff was gone.

Is it that good value?

On another note where would you get good quality shorts?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I just wanted 2 pair of leggings for the winter, Got them in Lidl on James St, 10.99 great value...

Update on the sizing of the tights.

The 10/12 are definitely a 10, not a 12, especially in the legs, they are fairly tight.

They have a nice fleecy lining inside and a shiny surface on the outside which might be a bit waterproof like they claim.

Wore them cycling at lunchtime. Baked in them, they are too warm for this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Grabbed a pair of leggings and a technical t shirt. seem like good enough quality and worth a punt at the price at ~ 18 euro for the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Thought I'd go have a look at some of the stuff and perhaps buy a pair of gloves anyway.

Bought
    2 running tops
    1 long sleeve sompression top
    1 short sleeve compression top
    1 sleeveless compression top
    2 pairs of gloves
    3 pairs of socks

I already have too much running gear as it is, but I'm an idiot so I had to buy more, I honestly have no idea where I'm going to put it all as I am currently have all my running stuff thrown into a big bag while I'm staying in my dad's before leaving this fine shore again.

For your information - Cavan's ALDI and LIDL had loads of gear left at half one / two o clock.

Did the packets of running tights say 'running trousers' on them. Either I missed them or was confused :(

• Advertisement

Went a bit mad and got

4 pair of socks
    3 compression tops
    Gloves
    Hat
    3 Running tops
    2 Running trousers

and that was just in Lidl

Got more stuff in ALDI

:eek:

hatful wrote: »
    Did the packets of running tights say 'running trousers' on them. Either I missed them or was confused :(

The running trousers in Lidl were running trousers but the ones in Aldi are running tights.

The running trousers in Lidl were running trousers but the ones in Aldi are running tights.
    Damn. oh well. I take it leggings are 'tight' trousers and tights are thermal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Light running jacket
    Winter running jacket
    Pair running tights
    Pair socks
    Aldi €43
    Happy days:D

Certainly in the ladies sizes, Lidl had running tights and trousers. The tights were still packaged as trousers.

Certainly in the ladies sizes, Lidl had running tights and trousers. The tights were still packaged as trousers.

They seemed to only have the trousers in the Lidl I went to for men and I was one of the first in through the doors - but It did appear that they had more ladies gear than mens in the Lidl I went to. Not sure if this was the case in other stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

My husband went to aldi last night for winter running jacket, they had none left but he asked if they had any out back and they said they had another 2 containers full. So ask in your local aldi what's out back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭opus

I took a cycle to my nearest Lidl before work yesterday as they conveniently open at 8am (unlike Aldi) and got there around 8.15, was impressed to a see a few people already picking through the running gear!

Got what I was after anyway so all's well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Pretty much nothing left in Aldi Parnell St or Lidl Moore st by 17.30 yesterday.
    Few oddments of mens gear and almost no ladies gear at all... disappointed but then I prob don't really need more gear! Did get a headband to keep my ears warm. Really needed a pair of gloves though :-((
    Better luck next time...maybe I should take a day off work!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Very little left in Aldi and Lidl in Rathmines at about 12:30 today. Few long sleeved tops in Aldi - all sizes for women, didn't notice the mens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Anyone get hold of an Ultra-light Running jacker. Just wondering how light they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

paulocon wrote: »
    Anyone get hold of an Ultra-light Running jacker. Just wondering how light they are?

Like a black bag type weight. They were just big bright yellow plastic-ish jackets, kind of like tose you used to get years ago that you could roll up into themselves.

The heavier running jackets seemed to be of a decent material,I thought they looked really heavy, but they actually weren't. I tried on one of the medium ones and it was much to big for me. I would rarely wear a jacket when running so I didn't look for a size small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Very little left in Aldi and Lidl in Rathmines at about 12:30 today. Few long sleeved tops in Aldi - all sizes for women, didn't notice the mens.

Guess it depends on where you live, I was up in Navan for the weekend and the Lidl there still had loads of hats, gloves, tops and trousers in both mens and womens on Sunday.
    paulocon wrote:

Very light indeed, almost see through, more of a wind breaker than a jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Sprocket77

The sizes of the Lidl running tops are a bit hit and miss. I bought two mens large tops, one fits perfectly, the other fits the body, but the sleeves only just go beyond the elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Went for a run last night in my new Aldi running jacket, found it very comfortable and surprisingly light. Was well impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Picked up about 5 pairs of running socks, 4 pairs of cycling socks, 4 beanies, 1 thermal top, 1 thermal cycling tights and 15 pairs of suit socks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Is this sale still going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭opus

coco_lola wrote: »
    Is this sale still going on?

It's not really a sale just that their special offers last week was Winter running gear, there might still be some bits & pieces left but not too much I'd guess at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

There is still running gear in Aldi , Mallow.
    Really recommend the base layer tops.
    Mr.W.

Advertisement