Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea when Lidl/Aldi have their running sale?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

hatful wrote: »
    Did the packets of running tights say 'running trousers' on them. Either I missed them or was confused :(

The running trousers in Lidl were running trousers but the ones in Aldi are running tights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Tom Joad wrote: »
    The running trousers in Lidl were running trousers but the ones in Aldi are running tights.
    Damn. oh well. I take it leggings are 'tight' trousers and tights are thermal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Light running jacket
    Winter running jacket
    Pair running tights
    Pair socks
    Aldi €43
    Happy days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Tom Joad wrote: »

Certainly in the ladies sizes, Lidl had running tights and trousers. The tights were still packaged as trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

huskerdu wrote: »
    Certainly in the ladies sizes, Lidl had running tights and trousers. The tights were still packaged as trousers.

They seemed to only have the trousers in the Lidl I went to for men and I was one of the first in through the doors - but It did appear that they had more ladies gear than mens in the Lidl I went to. Not sure if this was the case in other stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

My husband went to aldi last night for winter running jacket, they had none left but he asked if they had any out back and they said they had another 2 containers full. So ask in your local aldi what's out back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

I took a cycle to my nearest Lidl before work yesterday as they conveniently open at 8am (unlike Aldi) and got there around 8.15, was impressed to a see a few people already picking through the running gear!

Got what I was after anyway so all's well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Pretty much nothing left in Aldi Parnell St or Lidl Moore st by 17.30 yesterday.
    Few oddments of mens gear and almost no ladies gear at all... disappointed but then I prob don't really need more gear! Did get a headband to keep my ears warm. Really needed a pair of gloves though :-((
    Better luck next time...maybe I should take a day off work!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Very little left in Aldi and Lidl in Rathmines at about 12:30 today. Few long sleeved tops in Aldi - all sizes for women, didn't notice the mens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Anyone get hold of an Ultra-light Running jacker. Just wondering how light they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

paulocon wrote: »
    Anyone get hold of an Ultra-light Running jacker. Just wondering how light they are?

Like a black bag type weight. They were just big bright yellow plastic-ish jackets, kind of like tose you used to get years ago that you could roll up into themselves.

The heavier running jackets seemed to be of a decent material,I thought they looked really heavy, but they actually weren't. I tried on one of the medium ones and it was much to big for me. I would rarely wear a jacket when running so I didn't look for a size small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Very little left in Aldi and Lidl in Rathmines at about 12:30 today. Few long sleeved tops in Aldi - all sizes for women, didn't notice the mens.

Guess it depends on where you live, I was up in Navan for the weekend and the Lidl there still had loads of hats, gloves, tops and trousers in both mens and womens on Sunday.
    paulocon wrote:

Very light indeed, almost see through, more of a wind breaker than a jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Sprocket77

The sizes of the Lidl running tops are a bit hit and miss. I bought two mens large tops, one fits perfectly, the other fits the body, but the sleeves only just go beyond the elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Went for a run last night in my new Aldi running jacket, found it very comfortable and surprisingly light. Was well impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Picked up about 5 pairs of running socks, 4 pairs of cycling socks, 4 beanies, 1 thermal top, 1 thermal cycling tights and 15 pairs of suit socks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Is this sale still going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

coco_lola wrote: »
    Is this sale still going on?

It's not really a sale just that their special offers last week was Winter running gear, there might still be some bits & pieces left but not too much I'd guess at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

There is still running gear in Aldi , Mallow.
    Really recommend the base layer tops.
    Mr.W.

Advertisement