Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Williamstown?

• 02-10-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just recieved word that theres a big fire near the williamstown golf course, heap of fire engines going around, anyone in the area to confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Wow was just coming on here to post. Just drove past on my way home and there were 5 or 6 fire engines pulled into the little gateway past the golf course. Strong smell of smoke in the air. Must have been bad as I thought it had just happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I past there last night at 8:15 didnt see anything, must have happened just after I past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Wow was just coming on here to post. Just drove past on my way home and there were 5 or 6 fire engines pulled into the little gateway past the golf course. Strong smell of smoke in the air. Must have been bad as I thought it had just happened.

Drove past it about 8.30am the engines were down taking on more water, there was still plenty of smoke around

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Drove passed around 9 and it all seemed to be sorted...5/6 fire engines still there but no sign of fire/smoke....strong smell of smoke around the area still alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I suppose it explains why the water up this side of town is unusable this morning. Dark brown. Same happened the time of the gorse fire last year nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Passed myself around 2am and saw the fire brigades there then. Didnt see or smell anything to be honest.

Early bonfire maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

If i heard right wlrfm on the radio this morning, a shed of somesort was alight, and i think there was another fire as well last night, went past there this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Theres a farm house and shed beside the golf course so it was probably that

Advertisement