Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Problem

Options
  • 02-10-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Got FIFA 12 yesterday and tried to play online with a friend but it would not connect. It tells me that my firewall is restrictive. Anybody know a remedy to this problem ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Got FIFA 12 yesterday and tried to play online with a friend but it would not connect. It tells me that my firewall is restrictive. Anybody know a remedy to this problem ?
    Hi giggsy, who is your internet provider? And do you know what type of router you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Dub88 wrote: »
    Hi giggsy, who is your internet provider? And do you know what type of router you have?
    I hav the same problem and its doing my head in. Im wit imagine and have netgear router. I hav nat type 2 so it should be grand. Anyone know how i can get firewall status to moderate or open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Dub88 wrote: »

I Am currently with vodafone broadband but we are using an old eircom Netopia router box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I Am currently with vodafone broadband but we are using an old eircom Netopia router box

On the PS3 you need NAT Type 1 or 2 for smooth online gaming, most people have NAT Type 3 with Eircom or Vodafone, which is useless!!

get NAT Type 1 for open firewall restriction, just go to internet settings, and follow.

Network Settings>
    Internet Settings>
    Custom>
    Wired or Wireless, doesn't matter>
    Select your network>
    Enter password etc>
    IP Setting go to PPPoE>
    Enter vodafone for username> (or eircom for eircom users)
    Enter broadband1 for password>
    DNS> Auto
    MTU> Auto or 1500 manual
    Proxy> Do not use
    UPnP> Enable

Test and it should be NAT Type 1. Now Fifa will play nicely. Hope this helps.

donmeister wrote: »
    On the PS3 you need NAT Type 1 or 2 for smooth online gaming, most people have NAT Type 3 with Eircom or Vodafone, which is useless!!

get NAT Type 1 for open firewall restriction, just go to internet settings, and follow.

Network Settings>
    Internet Settings>
    Custom>
    Select your network>
    Enter password etc>
    IP Setting go to PPPoE>
    DNS> Auto
    MTU> Auto or 1500 manual
    Proxy> Do not use
    UPnP> Enable

will this work for imagine wimax?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Marco85 wrote: »

Couldnt tell you man! If you get the PPPoE setting for wimax I would be pretty sure it would work though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Network Settings>
    Internet Settings>
    Custom>
    Select your network>
    Enter password etc>
    IP Setting go to PPPoE>
    DNS> Auto
    MTU> Auto or 1500 manual
    Proxy> Do not use
    UPnP> Enable

Thanks very much, that seems to have solved my problem.

Marco85 wrote: »

Couldnt tell you man! If you get the PPPoE setting for wimax I would be pretty sure it would work though..
    The username for imagine is admin and the password is password. If i put them in do you think that would get nat type 1. Dnt want to f**k anything up by doing it.

Advertisement