Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well what's up with the boxing/kickboxing club?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Heard that they were looking for an instructor for the club. Haven't heard anything since, though.

If it's not going through, can someone give me some info on any martial arts clubs in the town (including striking and grappling). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Wouldn't mind getting an answer to this myself. Would be handy to take up boxing again if only for the training alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Not sure if it's on this year, but I do know that there was some form of kickboxing/eastern martial art running on Thursday evenings in the MPH balcony from about 8pm. Those pesky kickboxers kept showing up long before fencing was even finished! :P
    Anyways, there is a Shinken Do group running in the college. Call into the Student Union and ask, they're meant to know what's going on (and usually can point you in the right direction, I still get phonecalls about fencing and archery :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RED10

vinamax wrote: »
    Not sure if it's on this year, but I do know that there was some form of kickboxing/eastern martial art running on Thursday evenings in the MPH balcony from about 8pm. Those pesky kickboxers kept showing up long before fencing was even finished! :P
    Anyways, there is a Shinken Do group running in the college. Call into the Student Union and ask, they're meant to know what's going on (and usually can point you in the right direction, I still get phonecalls about fencing and archery :P)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

The sports center above scribes is currently taking names for experienced boxers in hopes of entering an AIT squad into the intervarsity championships in early 2012.

The email I received said it was interest based however and you had to be the member of a club or have prior boxing experience.

Hope it helps.

Advertisement