Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else not able to vape while having a chest cold/infection?

Options
  • 02-10-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Can't vape for the life of me at the moment without having a coughing fit. Extremely annoying!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

kinda, but it was the same with smoking for me.. I had a fever towards the end of last week/weekend and I vaped sweet **** all for the duration. smoking isn't really enjoyable when you're sick

also, wb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I think Vaping hurts more then smoking if you've got a cold or a chest infection, it certainly curtailed my vaping recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Maby you should try this
    http://bestecig.ie/healthcare.html
    WTF !!
    This is so wrong, ppl switched to avoid added sh1t. God help us but some homeopathic loopers will buy into this stuff and then the pharma suits will have a field day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Just getting over a bad dose i had for the last week and couple of those days were not nice vaping at all. Increased the resistance of the atty to a more airy draw and it wasn't so bad on the throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The last thing we need are any sort of health claims, ecirettesolutions actually sells liquid with Collagen and Coenzyme Q10.

Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

i wonder if you could put crack in e-liquid, that's get the world vaping pretty sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Maby you should try this
    WTF !!
    This is so wrong, ppl switched to avoid added sh1t. God help us but some homeopathic loopers will buy into this stuff and then the pharma suits will have a field day.

Yeah, I hear what your saying Tommy. I changed the description months ago to Ginseng with vitamins.( cause that's what it is) I'm not claiming it's healthy as I'm no chemist but at least they are giving the option of putting something that is good into e-liquid. I don't think it is meant to be used as a vitamin supplement.I think the point is ...vitamins and other good stuff can be put into e-liquid as opposed to what tobacco offers. Why not I say and to be fair ...the Chinese are well known for their herbs and potions and their alternative medicine. I stock it cause I don't see it doing any harm and it's offered as a option. ie: one can choose cola with nothing else added to the VG or one can choose ginseng with vitamins added to the VG.

Hey, Sir DCC...I was chatting to my barber last week and he said he heard that "people" were now putting liquid cannabis into e cigs. Just shows once again ...Where there's a will, there a way eh. You can even get cannabis flavour http://www.e-cig.com/shopping/products/19-Healthcare-E-Liquid/608-Electronic-Cigarette-E-Marijuana/ lol.

you can make oil for the ecigs out of weed, but it's super wasteful.
    i read about it ages ago and I think you have to use a stupidly large amount of weed to get a small amount of usable juice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

You can even get cannabis flavour http://www.e-cig.com/shopping/produc...e-E-Marijuana/ lol.
    I'v tried it, more like moth balls. Well not that bad, but if your expecting devils lettuce taste its a surprise, pine tree is closer.
    you can make oil for the ecigs out of weed, but it's super wasteful.
    Let us know when you get that right Sir Digby ;) Bet it clogs up atties like anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Maby you should try this
    WTF !!

Careful there Bestecig!

• Advertisement

Not sure what you mean achieve ? Careful ?

Not sure what you mean achieve ? Careful ?

Just think that making claims about the health benefits of what is in eLiquid is possibly taking the benefits of vaping a step too far. Don't get me wrong, quitting smoking and converting to vaping is one of the best, if not the best decision I have made in 20 odd years. But I would urge you to be careful about claiming other health benefits. For example I have 2 teenage kids, and although vaping is great for me, I would still advise them to not start smoking or vaping.

I understand what your saying, however, I am not in agreement with your views. As previously stated, I have not made any health benefit claims. I simply stock a VG base with a ginseng flavour that has vitamins added. I feel I would be doing my customers an disservice if I just called it Ginseng flavour.

I believe in giving the info and allowing the reader to make their own decision with the info provided. As for homeopaths ...surely they would ...or should, know more about it than a non homeopath. I'm sure they would know more about it than us. After that, surely it's their call and not ours.

Indeed, some say homeopath remedies can influence people into coming off traditional meds and approved prescribed drugs to patients for cancer etc ...so with the same logic ...we would have to ban all homeopath remedies websites and where the banning stop then. We could all go back to dictatorships, facists, communists democratic Governments until we all worked out which one works the best and do what they tell us to do .......Until then, I will choose and I will allow my customers choose.

Point being, the choice and info is there for all to see.

Omitting the information is surely worse and not stocking it I believe is worse again. I stand over my ginseng flavour with vitamins and I will not hide or apoligise for stocking it. Indeed, I will defend my decision to stock it.

I really don't know see the connection between my stocking ginseng with vitamins and having teenagers. Teenagers were born into the internet world and anything they wanna see ...they will see. From every drug know to man, how to manufacture it, to making a bomb in 3 easy lessons.
    The internet is not regulated and with all the best intentions in the world, I personally can't see any parent protecting their children ( especially teenagers) from everything out there on the internet. That said, I believe today's teenagers are a lot smarter than they are given credit for.

I really don't think a VG liquid with vitamins could be classed as offensive or misleading or dangerous to anybody. It is what it is ...the ingredients and vitamin info is there for all to see. There is nothing wrong with Ginseng with vitamins and until I hear different I will continue to defend it.

It's added vitamins, so I hope everyone can just accept it as a move in the right direction.
    I mean, it's not like they have added cyanide, arsenic or formaldehyde to it and god knows there is a lot of people ( including teenagers) getting enough of that stuff into their system and no problem accessing it.

I'm not arguing, just making my point that there is nothing wrong with my product.

Hi Beetledeuce,
    You've argued your point very well, but I'm afraid we'll have to agree to differ on this one. I'm no nutritionist, but I just can't see how one can inhale vitamins - am open to correction!

Yep, vitamins can be inhaled. The only argument is how much of it makes it into the bloodstream and how beneficial it is. Apparently, getting your vitamins naturally is the best way. For the record, my ginseng with vitamins e-liquid IS NOT a vitamin supplement ...at best it can only be seen as an added bonus to e-liquid without any vitamins added.

Advertisement