Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor assembly problem with Hornby 00

Options
  • 02-10-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

Hi. First post here.

I recently got a Hornby 00 Gauge train set for my son. It's the Night Mail set, which I chose in the hope that the automatic pick-up and delivery feature would add sufficient ongoing interest (he's a bit on the young side for a model rather than a toy train).

Unfortunately I am having trouble fitting the mail pick-up/drop-off widget to the track. The mail-collecting carriage runs over this, activating one of two levers depending on position, and a little drawer opens to either scoop up or eject the 'mail'.

The widget, for want of a better term, doesn't seem to click into place. Any ideas regarding what I might be doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

not familiar with the piece unfortunately. however I can say most railway bits are fiddly and can take a while to get on right, buffer stops being a prime example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Fiddly is the word.

The pieces are also spring loaded, and inevitably sprung apart.

I figured out how to reassemble them, but if they're supposed to click into place on the track then I am flummoxed so far.

The thought occurs that it may be meant to fit like an uncoupling ramp. Are these accessories meant to click into place in the grooves of the rails or the spaces between sleepers?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

don't know about these either but yes the uncoupling ramp fits in between the rails and usually clips under the rails in each corner.

Advertisement