Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Entry Fees, Prize Money, The Community Pot and more.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Sagat06 wrote: »
    To be honest all the discussion is pointless...that was the point of the vote for the 'members of the board'. I have no doubt they sit there most evening and just talk about this stuff! The last tournament I was at I was told that money had been spent on new monitors. I was happy with that. My opinion wasnt asked for or needed and they still managed to do something constructive.

I do agree with capping the prize money, or at least take a certain percentage of the gate towards community funding. It breaks my tight fisted little heart to think of the amount of money certain members have put forward themselves for community stuff.

Im kinda new around these parts, and to be honest after finally appearing at an offline event its clear you guys know what ye are doing.
    Simple as that.
    I was impressed when the uniform monitors/speakers arrived and when Doom (sorry man I dont know your real name :o never introduced myself on the day) set up his recording station I was impressed (and a little intimidated lol) at the professional way they whole thing was handled.

Not licking arse (or trying to be a smartarse0 :P I just want to agree with what Sagat06 said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sell shirts with the Vyze/QM2/???Mound/Whatever "Team Doomy" Design to raise funds.

Also because I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Doom (sorry man I dont know your real name :o never introduced myself on the day)
    Going by my records from a previous event, his real name is Brain Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Vyze wrote: »

No, pretty sure it's Doom Dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Vyze wrote: »

Brian Von Doom

from Latveria

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

To be honest all the discussion is pointless...that was the point of the vote for the 'members of the board'.

While ultimately the decisions revolving big stuff should be left to the committee, public discussion is always a good idea regardless. Multiple opinions are always good to hear even if they're not acted upon - someone might suggest something useful that the committee might have missed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

To be honest all the discussion is pointless...

On the contrary it's essential.

We're a community, we should be transparent and open to ideas and suggestions and debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Brian Von Doom

from Latveria

:cool:

This I may have to go with. I dunno I just rather calling people by their name when talking face to face (or directly about/to them I guess), I feel like an awfull jerk going:
    "Oh howdy Gam3rPwn563 how are you" :rolleyes:

then again I could just be an idiot in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nah, you just need a better, snappier nickname.

My PSN's kikimaru024, but I just shorten it to "Kiki" and there you go: instant handle.

Also Doom's real name is Doomybot.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

You need to also make sure it's easy enough to pronounce. Too many people get Linoud wrong. ;_; It's Linoud, pronounce the second part like you would the word Loud. Phonetically, it's LIN - OWD

I'd use my real name, Ken B more, but I'm pretty sure there's already a Ken B in the community, so it'd be confusing. :P

And I do think prize caps would be a good way to get money for the community. I think we need more monitors than consoles, but it is a good idea to get one community console with all the DLC on it, just to be certain that there will always be at least ONE console with everything needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby is fine for me. I'm hard to miss. Big, round, pink and bald. Just like the real Kirby :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kirby wrote: »
    Kirby is fine for me. I'm hard to miss. Big, round, pink and bald. Just like the real Kirby :p

Kirby is 8 inches tall :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

All of this nickname discussion is silly!

It's clearly Latvarian Overlord Doomy

Tbh I hate being Called my Gamertag outside of events, it's tolerable in casuals/tourneys w/e, just call me by my name in public

Tends to keep the stares at bay:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I just tend to call people whatever name I knew them by first.

Advertisement