Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof / Ridge Tiles didn't bond to mortar.

• 03-10-2011 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi.

I replaced some damaged ridge tiles and damaged tiles on the edge of a shed roof due to teens using it as a shortcut. Issue is I didn't soak the tiles before bedding into the mortar. Outcome is the mortor is well set in place but I can lift the tiles out. 2 Questions:

On the tiles. I was thinking of using a bitumen mastic and then flashing over the tile with lead. And on the ridge tiles I was going to use a bitumen mastic. Would this work.

Thanks./

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I used Flexim roof mortar on my ridge tiles, its handy stuff and sticks very securely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I used Flexim roof mortar on my ridge tiles, its handy stuff and sticks very securely.

Thanks for the recommendation, looks like good stuff but a bit of my price range as I would need at least two or thress boxes for the job vs 100kg of Sand/Cement Mortor for a tenner.

Any recommendations re resolving the issue of the loose tile, I was thinking of using a bitumen mastic and then flashing over the tile.

Thanks

Advertisement