Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy flip-flops?

Options
  • 03-10-2011 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just wondering where in the city centre I can buy flip-flops for under, say, €8. Dunnes don't seem to stock them in winter. Hopefully this is the appropriate place to ask this. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pennys maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

For flip-flops under €8, you're looking at Pennys, Dunnes, and maybe Barretts (there's one in the Ilac centre I think). But as it's off season, it might be difficult to find them.

FWIW, schuh are still doing Havianas flip-flops - if not instore, then order online for free delivery to the shop. At €25 they are obviously more that you were planning to spend, but the are the most comfortable flip-flops I've ever worn and my pair have lasted 4 years of constant summer wear.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Group Theory Rocks

Blacey wrote: »
    For flip-flops under €8, you're looking at Pennys, Dunnes, and maybe Barretts (there's one in the Ilac centre I think). But as it's off season, it might be difficult to find them.

FWIW, schuh are still doing Havianas flip-flops - if not instore, then order online for free delivery to the shop. At €25 they are obviously more that you were planning to spend, but the are the most comfortable flip-flops I've ever worn and my pair have lasted 4 years of constant summer wear.
    Hope this helps :)

Cheers.

They sound pretty cool but I'm afraid I can't afford them! Thanks very much for your help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tsar kee

Dunnes in Nutgrove have a big basket of them for 1 euro, saw them today but have no idea of sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Group Theory Rocks

tsar kee wrote: »
    Dunnes in Nutgrove have a big basket of them for 1 euro, saw them today but have no idea of sizes.
    It's a bit far away, cheers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Tesco had decent ones in for 5EUR I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Muji on Chatham St sell decent ones. Between 8 and 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Real men do not wear flip flops or sandals for practical and hygienic reasons. Get yourself a pair of runners.

Anytime I see a chap wearing flip flops or sandals I lose all respect for him.

http://www.complex.com/style/2011/03/tom-fords-says-a-man-should-never-wear-shorts-or-flip-flops

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Looking for summer gear at this time of year can be a pain. I needed to buy a good pair of shorts, with pockets etc., for a trip to Malawi in October 2007, and I had to scour the city to find some. I forget now where I finally got them, but it was some job.

Advertisement