Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon Entries are Closed

• 03-10-2011 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

(they all seem to be attracted to this thread)

THERE ARE NO LATE ENTRIES TO THIS RACE, NO NUMBERS ARE FOR SALE HERE, AND YOU MAY NOT SELL YOUR NUMBER.
    NUMBER SWAPS ARE AGAINST THE RULES OF THE RACE, MAKING THEM AGAINST THE RULES OF THIS FORUM.
    YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

because a surprising number of people have been saying "just entered, didn't realise how close the cutoff was!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

@ 5pm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Curious what the final numbers will be like,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Over 11,500 so far. It was a record entry for the half marathon, wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

my entry shall be done at lunch...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Right, I've got a shiny euro, that says the first 'OMFG' post will come in between 6pm-6:15pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Are we opening a book on what time the first people will come on to say that they just missed the cutoff and they really want to run it, is there any way they can enter?

I reckon about 6pm

Edit: I see Krusty got in ahead of me.

Right, I've got a shiny euro, that says the first 'OMFG' post will come in between 6pm-6:15pm.

So i could save 90 and make 1 euro:D

I have been training all week for this, in memory of the goldfish I overfed to death, and I have already raised 11.16 in sponsorship. What do you mean I can't register on the day?!?!:eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

It's a disgrace Joe. The marathon isn't on for another 4 weeks and i've already raised e20 from friends. The World's friendliest marathon my arse Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I thought it was midnight tonight, thats why i waited till i got home after my run today!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Clearlier wrote: »
    Are we opening a book on what time the first people will come on to say that they just missed the cutoff and they really want to run it, is there any way they can enter?

I reckon about 6pm

Edit: I see Krusty got in ahead of me.

5:01pm!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Dan man wrote: »
    5:01pm!!

Nah, it will take longer than that for them to find the "O", "M", "F" and "G" keys and press the shift-1 enough times to get the point across.

Race number 15672 present and correct :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Who else had to search their email account to make sure they already registered?!!

Me :D
    Because one of these days this really will come back and bite me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

RayCun wrote: »
    Me :D
    Because one of these days this really will come back and bite me :pac:

That would be irony at its best if that happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Email with number from December found - just in case :)

Couldnt find this for awhile

Average Runner, Thank you for entering the National Lottery Dublin Marathon, your marathon race number is 2264.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

There's also a new page this year where you search the entrants list - https://enter.dublinmarathon.ie/node/7/entrants_search

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just double checked to make sure I had my confirmation e-mail :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Signed up last night - 10062 - for fear I'd forget to do it today...
    Now to get injured tomorrow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

I cant believe I just paid €93 to subject myself to 4hrs or so of pain. There's something seriously wrong with that equation.

Its the pint afterwards thats great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Don't worry, I'll get it done within the next 20 minutes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Was just talking to a guy in work who said "I did the 3/4 Marathon at the weekend and it went well, I'll decide tomorrow if I will register for Dublin" :)... Should I tell him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smithwicks

Phew.......thanks OP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

shels4ever wrote: »
    Was just talking to a guy in work who said "I did the 3/4 Marathon at the weekend and it went well, I'll decide tomorrow if I will register for Dublin" :)... Should I tell him ;)

Leave it a couple of minutes then tell him. Don't want to pressure him into deciding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

griffin100 wrote: »
    I cant believe I just paid €93 to subject myself to 4hrs or so of pain. There's something seriously wrong with that equation.

Come join the 4.30 group and really get your money's worth:)

Good to see you are in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Oh No, I forgot to enter and I really wanted to run it this year:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

OMFG

been building my training for the last 14 years to get ready for DCM just after going on the site and they are saying I'm too late. Why didnt anyone warn me:(

Advertisement