Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Marathon Entries are Closed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Corcaigh70

very DISAPPOINTED with attitude, I have picked up an injury and therefore cannot complete the event. I have contacted the organisers and was told there would be no refund available and I am expected to take the hit. I then asked could I have my ticket referred to the 2018 event, again I was told this was not their policy.
    This is a very poor service, not only am I bitterly disappointed about getting injured and missing out in completing my 1st marathon but I am expected to take a hit on the €70 entrance fee.
    Typical Ireland!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Corcaigh70

very DISAPPOINTED with attitude, I have picked up an injury and therefore cannot complete the event. I have contacted the organisers and was told there would be no refund available and I am expected to take the hit. I then asked could I have my ticket referred to the 2018 event, again I was told this was not their policy.
    This is a very poor service, not only am I bitterly disappointed about getting injured and missing out in completing my 1st marathon but I am expected to take a hit on the €70 entrance fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

In fairness, its well documented that there are no refunds, transfers or deferrals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Corcaigh70 wrote: »

The bulk of your entry fee has already been spent;

- Gardai paid for overtime and road closures
    - Clothing companies already paid for your finishers t shirt
    - Insurance companies paid
    - RDS rental costs paid

This is not typical Ireland this is standard policy for nearly all big city marathons (and I say this as someone who for went my 115e entry for Berlin this year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

This is not typical Ireland this is standard policy for nearly all big city marathons (and I say this as someone who for went my 115e entry for Berlin this year)

No t-shirt in Berlin unless you wanted to spend an extra 35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

In other words, you are selling an entry, is that it?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

In other words, you are selling an entry, is that it?
    if he contacted dcm,his entry is already on the canceled list

if he contacted dcm,his entry is already on the canceled list

And that completes today's lesson:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Nope, same policy in Rotterdam where I lost my fee in 2016 due to illness. You're not the only one injured or to loose out on your fee. That's the risk you take when you sign up for any athletic event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Don't blame the marathon. Its well documented and that's the risk with a marathon. I got injured 2 weeks before it a few years, cost me more than 70 also.

I didn't expect a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Pray you never have to pull out of an Ironman at short notice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

Let us know how you get on.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

Let us know how you get on.

Good afternoooon to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

Pray you never have to pull out of an Ironman at short notice....
    Might depend on how well you know him

Advertisement