Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakery in town for birthday cake

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi im for a bakery that does nice childrens birthday cakes.. im specifically looking for a number cake like this one iv attached here... Anywhere in town do them? thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

@Stench in town though? I don't know of any in the city, but there are a good few good cake makers dotted around the county, Gort, Oranmore, Tuam, Ballinasloe, etc, not bakeries but home based cake makers. I don't know if places like Griffins/O'Hehir's and them do fondant covered cakes like that but might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

i'd give griffins a shot; i've had a few bits made there, photo cakes and stuff....theyre pretty helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    @Stench in town though? I don't know of any in the city, but there are a good few good cake makers dotted around the county, Gort, Oranmore, Tuam, Ballinasloe, etc, not bakeries but home based cake makers. I don't know if places like Griffins/O'Hehir's and them do fondant covered cakes like that but might be worth a shot.

They are based in Ballinasloe but I'm pretty sure they deliever (not 100% though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I reckon the home-based bakers make a far better looking and tasting cake than the large bakeries, especially considering what the OP is looking for. The first birthday cake is one that would be remembered forever in pictures, tis worth the extra effort.

Damn near short-circuited my keyboard with drool looking at those Grace Daniels cakes. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eviledna wrote: »
    I reckon the home-based bakers make a far better looking and tasting cake than the large bakeries, especially considering what the OP is looking for. The first birthday cake is one that would be remembered forever in pictures, tis worth the extra effort.

Damn near short-circuited my keyboard with drool looking at those Grace Daniels cakes. :)

They taste as good as they look too!

Advertisement