Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmare Realm

Options
  • 03-10-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

Worth a visit or a waste of 12 quid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 audihax

Definitely worth going. It's a professional scare house and the scares ARE scary...You'll either be crying or screaming the whole way through!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uh yeah, it seems to be getting good reviews on Facebook.. Cant wait I never heard of it before so will defiantly be making a trip there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

where is this?never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 15 audihax

where is this?never heard of it before

It's in Navigation House in Albert's quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Has anyone here been to this yet? If so, would you recommend going?

• Advertisement

Havent been yet but will be heading Friday will be sure to update

Milly33 wrote: »
    Havent been yet but will be heading Friday will be sure to update
    I should be going to it before you. I'll post my thoughts of the experience up here afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I heard it was great craic altogether for the younger crowd, early teens like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

worth a look for a group of 25 year olds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Went tonight! moi (25) and my two friends both 27.

its good, but if you aren't spooked by things that go bump in the night its more an experience then scary!

the two girls screamed their heads off all the way through where i found it funny and laughed all the way through it!

definitely worth the €10 we paid (student discount) and its not really for kids!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joey32

Its only scary if your a child/girl/stoned. Its really just a load of kids in masks hiding in the dark and going WooOOOOooo when you least expect it. Not scary at all. But then again Im ridiculously tough and nothing scares me ;)

It wasn't great. They let far too many people in when we were there so the actors lost the opportunities for occasions of surprise by jumping out. For the most part it was just a bunch of costumed "actors" walking around the place. About 75% of the punters were teenagers, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

The queues were up to The Sextant at 8.30pm last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Lemag wrote: »
    It wasn't great. They let far too many people in when we were there so the actors lost the opportunities for occasions of surprise by jumping out. For the most part it was just a bunch of costumed "actors" walking around the place. About 75% of the punters were teenagers, btw.

i found that too, i saw most of them running back into place, and because the group behind were right next to us, they'd do nothing until the whole group was there at which point id have passed the 'scare' point!

there were an awful lot of teenagers there the night we went too, im guessing its their target market!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Great laugh! If you do go, take your time going through. It makes it much better!

Well we went there last night and have to say the same. It wasnt scary but a good buzz. And all was good until this pack of twatty, rude, load bunch of kids broke up or group and started screaming and being very nasty to some of the actors (i really worry about todays kids himself even spotted one young girl giving out to one of the actors for looking at her).

Tis fun and something differant but defo have less in there even have someone watching inside to make sure the groups dont get overcrowded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

how many rooms is it mate

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Went yesterday, was scary, thought it would be worse though.... worst part for me was when one of them grabbed my leg!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

four of us went and its more scare tactics than anything was kind of disappointed. the outfits looked cool though. when we were there it was savagely overcrowded with young ones so we went to the fast q for 18euro and still qeued 40mins when the other queue was a tenner for a 3hr wait.
    strangely enough I enjoyed it as it was different but not worth 18euro or a 3hr wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    four of us went and its more scare tactics than anything was kind of disappointed. the outfits looked cool though. when we were there it was savagely overcrowded with young ones so we went to the fast q for 18euro and still qeued 40mins when the other queue was a tenner for a 3hr wait.
    strangely enough I enjoyed it as it was different but not worth 18euro or a 3hr wait

Madness - went last night, grabbed a drink in Sextant for hour until queue died down about 9pm, Hardly any queue outside, bit of a one inside but broken up by freaky fellas running about the place which was quite funny. Depending on who is in front of you/behind you (i.e. screaming teenagers) it can be annoying, though we had great craic frightening the life out of 4 of them at one stage. Paid ten in with college id, fast track thing ridiculous obviously. Total queing time 20 minutes I'd say. The full price of 12 euro for normal entry is a bit saucy, you certainly wouldn't pay any more than that. Still all in all if you go slowly and with smaller crowds, good craic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement